Chapter 68

"That was fun dad. Thanks for taking me," I said while taking off my sweater.

He smiled, "I'm glad you had fun. Now I'm going to watch my show."

"What show?"

"You know, SNL," he said while going to the living room.

SNL? Didn't they announce that the Backstreet Boys would be the musical guests?

I followed my dad into the living room, "Is it alright if I watch?"

"Sure."

As we sat there and watched it I anticipated their performance. My heart raced fast once they were going to sing.

They were singing a new song I haven't heard before. 

"In a world like this I've got you," the lyric Brian sang to me when we were in Europe. Now I understood what he was singing to me. I felt a small smile on my face knowing he sang that.

"They're pretty good!" My dad said.

Of course they were, I should know. My eyes were on Brian the whole time. He looked good in that suit he was wearing. I felt a bit strange watching him. He didn't look upset or anything.

He looked calm and was having a good time there.

Later on they sang 'larger than life' so I knew that one.

"What did you think?"

"About what?" I yawned.

"SNL. You know that group, the Backstreet Boys were great."

I couldn't look at him, "It was ok."

"Just ok? I thought you would like it. You know.. maybe take your mind off your boyfriend," he sighed.

"Dad..we just saw him," I looked at him.

He leaned forward, "What? When?"

"On the tv. Brian Littrell is part of the Backstreet Boys. He's my-he was my boyfriend..." he was still mine? I wasn't sure..

"Really? I'm sorry I didn't know. If I had known I wouldn't-"

"It's fine. It looks like he doesn't care anymore," I gulped.

"Annie, I'm sure he does. If he still loves you he'll come around. I don't know what he's like, but I know he will come to see you. If I came back, then he should too," he pulled my arm and hugged me.

I enjoyed the hug my dad was giving me. The empty feeling that had returned was starting to fade away.

I went to lay down on my bed and took out my phone. I shouldn't have, but I opened the messages I had sent to Brian since Las Vegas. I scrolled through our messages.

I wish he would text me or call. I wanted to send him a message, but what if he ignored it or didn't want to hear from me at all?

I turned off my phone and tried to sleep. Maybe sleeping would help me forget him.

BRIAN'S POV

"You're packing so soon?" Nick sat on the edge of the bed.

I nodded, "Yes Nick. I'm going back for her right now."

Nick laughed, "How about we wait until morning? Plus it will take you a few hours to get there.."

I stuffed my belongings into my bag, "I-I know, but I can't wait any longer Nick. I can go on my own. I'll be fine."