Chapter 36

BRIAN'S POV

"Because I am afraid, Brian! I'm scared I'll break your heart again. After all the love you gave me and I gave it away. That's why!"

Her words echoed in my head as I waited for a cab. I couldn't go back to the arena. Instead I called for a cab to take me to my house.

All night the guys called, but I didn't have the strength to answer back. They were probably worried, but I couldn't talk with a broken heart...

I pictured her face in my mind. I laid there in my bed replaying our night together. I know the guys said to give her space, but I just couldn't. I wanted to be more than friends.

And I wanted her know more than ever especially since Nathan told me he loves her. I thought about Nathan and how he didn't tell Annie he's a singer too.

If Annie doesn't love Nathan maybe she still loves me. The thought of his lips on Annie's made me want to punch something.

I know I'm right for Annie. I told her about being in the Backstreet Boys. I didn't keep any secrets from her. I love her and always have. I had to get her back no matter the cost. Tomorrow morning I would go see her.

I would take my chances with her. I know deep down she loves me too. She's pushing me away and not admitting how she feels. But soon I'll change that. Soon I'll have her with me once again.

"BRIAN! BRIAN open the door!" I heard someone saying. "Five more minutes," I mumbled into my pillow.

They knocked again, "BRIAN! OPEN THE DOOR!"

I opened my eyes and rolled unto my back. My arm was asleep and I hit it to make the sleeping feeling go away. I must have fallen asleep thinking about Annie, I thought.

I got up and went to the door. "I'm coming!" I yelled as I reached the door.

I unlocked the lock and opened it. It was Nick, "Nice to know you're ok." I could sense a hint of sarcasm.

He went in and I closed the door. "Good morning to you too," I said ruffling my hair.

I saw Nick looking around as if he would find something to my problem. "Where were you last night?" Nick turned around.

Last night. Then I remembered what Annie. "I came back here," I said sadly.

"What's the matter now? And why haven't you been answering our calls?" Nick stood across from me. "I'm sorry. I couldn't," I really couldn't.

"Why? Did something happen to your phone?" he asked around as he looked for my phone.

"No," I said passing by him and going to the couch. Nick followed me, "Then?"

I sighed, "Nick..I'm miserable." I really was. The pain in my chest grew bigger.

Nick sat down next to me, "Brian..what happened with Annie? What happened last night?" I looked at the tv and could feel Nick staring at me.

I couldn't say a word. I didn't know how to explain this pain I had. "Brian..what's going on? Tell me.." he said slowly.

I sighed and explaining to him what exactly happened last night as I replayed it in my head. "And now I feel like this.." I said.

Nick gave me a small tap on my back, "I'm sorry Brian. But remember I said, we said to give her space? Be friends? This won't get better. It will only get worse. You have to try and be patient."

He was right, but I didn't want to accept it, "I can't.."

"Why not? You love her too much right? Maybe if you take a step back she'll realize she wants you too. You're trying to hard Brian," he said.

After Nick gave me a fatherly lecture I got ready and put on my best face for the world. Nick left and I told him I was going to see Annie.

Just as I reached the hotel I saw Madeline by herself, "Hi where's Annie?" I looked behind her to see if she would come out.

Madeline pointed with her head, "she's in her room."

"Is she coming out?" I asked. Madeline shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. We aren't really speaking right now.."

"Oh I see. Should I go see her? What's the room number?" I checked the time on my watch.

"If you want. It's room 214. Look..all I am saying is she can't stop talking about you. You know she still loves you, but is trying to forget you. She really does Brian," she said before leaving.

I went to the elevator and pushed floor 2. I smiled at myself knowing that Annie still loved me. She did. But now I had to win her back.

Soon the elevator stopped on floor 2. I got out and looked for room 214. "Room 200..205...210..214," I read the numbers to myself.

I took a deep breath and knocked on her door. "Madeline why do you even knock?" I heard Annie saying.

Then she opened the door and was startled. "Oh. You're not Madeline..." she said. I smiled a little, "I'm not. Im Brian," I teased.

She motioned for me to come in. "Wow what a nice room," I said playing. She laughed a tiny laugh, "yeah I guess it's ok."

I went and looked out the window. They had a nice view. "What are you doing here? Oh, did Madeline do something?" She said standing next to me.

I shook my head, "no she didn't do anything. But you did." I looked at her and saw confusion on her face. "Me? What have I done?"

I turned all my body toward her and walked until her back was touching the bedroom door. "You know what you did. You stole my heart," I looked at her lips then her eyes.

I could sense her nervousness, "w-what? Brian..look I said what I had to say last night-" I interrupted her.

I put an arm on the door trapping her, "I don't believe you Annie. All the guys say to be friends with you, but I just can't. We can't be friends."

She gulped, "t-then what?"

I couldn't contain myself any longer. Seconds later I realized my hands were holding her face. And our lips were touching.

Not just a simple touch, but a kiss touch. I was kissing her.