Chapter 21

"It's either me or Brian, Anne! You must choose! You can't love us both!" Nathan shouted.

I-I

"WAKE UP BUTT HEAD!" Mia shook my body.

I groaned still half asleep, "What do you want now?" I rolled onto my side and shooed Mia to go away.

"Not me, YOU. It's your birthday today. Sooo wake up!" Mia pulled the covers off of me.

I curled into a ball trying to sleep the coldness away.

"If you don't wake up I won't show you what's in the kitchen," she did a high pitched voice.

I groaned, "How about you show me that I can SLEEP PEACEFULLY?!" I tried to look for any covers left near me, but Mia had pulled them completely off of me.

"No wake up! Please Jennings," Mia pleaded.

She knew using my last name worked on me. That brat. "Fine I'm awake," I sat up moody.

Mia clapped, "Now go take a shower and put on the outfit I bought for you."

I sighed as she left the room. Why couldn't that two faced just let me sleep?

I took a shower with warm water. It felt pretty good on my face. It was relaxing. I guess a shower worked because now I felt refreshed and alive.

I can't believe today was my birthday..

As I went back to my room with a towel around me, Mia has laid out my outfit on my bed.

There was a Jean jacket with a white curved v neck shirt. Next to it was a floral high waisted skirt.

What the hell was this? I have never worn something like this before..

It was pretty flirty and if I didn't wear it Mia would humiliate me for the rest of the day.

After putting it on I went to the bathroom mirror and looked at the new outfit. I closed the bathroom door and really looked at it.

Not bad..

I'll do my hair later.

I went to the kitchen and saw that it was decorated. Mia has put birthday balloons and confetti on the table.

I saw there was breakfast on the table. My favorite, chocolate chip pancakes!

"My sister looks hot in that outfit!" Mia said behind me.

I turned around and saw her looking at me from head to toe.

"I knew that outfit would look good, but not that good. Wow Annie. The guys will drool for you," she smirked.

"Stop I'm blushing," I said enjoying her compliment.

"I made your favorite and came here from work just for you. Plus there is some maple sausage links if you want some," Mia grabbed the plate and put it on the table.

It looked so good.

Me and Mia ate together. I'm glad she decided to drop by for me. She wasn't much around since she would leave for university. Our parents weren't really around since they disapproved of us.

"How was it?" Mia asked taking a drink of orange juice.

I rubbed my stomach, "I am stuffed. It was good. Thanks Mia!"