Chapter 28

BRIAN'S POV

After what Nick said to me over the phone I haven't moved. I can't decided if I should just keep going with the plan or if I should turn back.

I am parked on the side of the freeway for a few more minutes when a text comes in.

BSB group chat: Brian it's Kevin. I want to tell you I think you should turn back. If you do we will explain everything to you. Trust us!

I read the message a couple of times before making my final decision. I was going back.

It didn't take me that long to get back since I wasn't that far.

I went inside the arena looking for the guys. I came face to face with the stage and admired it for a second. I could hear the concert from tonight.

I closed my eyes and stood there taking it in. It was breathtaking as always.

A hand touched my right shoulder, "We really thought you weren't coming back."  Howie said with the guys behind him.

I hugged them all even though I wasn't gone that long.

They lead me to our dressing room.

"Tonight was full of surprises," said Kevin.

"So what's going on? Nick calls..Kevin texts..what's up guys?" I looked at them as they looked at me.

Nick put his hands on his hips, "First take a breather Brian. Next you might want to sit down for this."

And with that I sat down. I already knew Anne was here, but what else was going on?

Nick looked at Kevin, "Kevin care to tell him?" Kevin sighed at Nick's question.

"Let's just get to the point. She's here Brian. Anne is in town. We invited her and her friend backstage, we took them to their hotel," Kevin explained.

I was almost to the edge of the seat, "what hotel?"

"Yeah that's where they are staying. It has to do with Anne's birthday," Aj brought up.

After Aj said 'Anne's birthday' a memory trigged in my mind. A memory of me and her celebrating her birthday with her sister.

I got up quickly, "I need to find her." Nick stopped me with his hand on my chest, " Brian it's not the time. You just got back and it's late."

I looked at Nick, " I have been waiting for this a long time. And you tell me it isn't the time? I need to go now."

I made Nick remove his hand from me. "Look Brian we can settle this in the morning, but right now you need to think before you act," Nick said before leaving the dressing room.

"He's right you know. Take some time to think," Kevin said.

Just as the guys were leaving I said, "Tomorrow then?"

Aj looked back at me, "Tomorrow."

Then they left and I was alone in the dressing room. I was alone with nothing, but me and my thoughts.

ANNE'S POV

"Wow this is fancy huh?" Madeline said as she closed the door.

Apparently Madeline reserved a hotel for me and her at the Shrine Hotel. She said she wanted us to have a relaxed getaway.

"Look at this towel!" Madeline shrieked as she held up the towel.

We explored our room. It was pretty fancy. They had luxurious towels, soaps, bathrobes and the bed was bigger than mine at home.  It was perfect for 2 people.

"So how did you afford all of this?" I asked her.

She made a thinking face, "Well I bribed my brother to help me out. In exchange I told him I would do his chores for a year."

My eyes widen, "Are you serious? Your brother helped you pay this?"

She nodded, "Yeah and he even gave me his credit card."

"Really? Wow well thank you," I bowed to her jokingly.

After exploring our room Madeline decided to sit in the humongous bed. "This bed is so big! It could fit all Backstreet Boys," she nudged my arm.

"You're still on that?" I made a serious face at her.

She bit her lip, "hey if you won't bask in the glory I will."

"Glory? What glory?" I asked. "What glory? Anne the fact that we got to go backstage and meet them in person!" She shook me.

I got her hands off me, " Madeline that was just..a coincidence that's all."

"Anne are you insane? They could've picked any fans to go backstage, but no. It was us!" She sounded very sincere.

I sighed, "Madeline I know why they picked us."

"We already know why," she flipped her hair back.

"Madeline I'm serious. I know why. I should've told you this since we met, but I was afraid," I looked at her.

Madeline became calm, "Tell me what? Oh please don't tell  me you are related to them."

I moved my right hand side to side, "sort of.."

"Sort of?!" Madeline bounced on the bed on her knees.

"This isn't easy for me. You have to promise you won't tell another living soul," I said.

"I promise. Now..spill!" She motioned with her hands for me to tell her.

I took a deep breath, "The reason they brought us backstage is because..I used to date Brian Littrell. Brian is my ex."

Was this the right choice? Probably not, but she had a right to know.