Chapter 65

3 weeks later

"Sweetie where did you put the other box?" My dad looked around trying to find the ornament box.

"Umm oh it's by the front door," I said pointing toward that direction.

3 weeks have passed since I went to Las Vegas and since my dad has been here with me. Mia is still at her job working and traveling of course. She comes from time to time.

It wasn't easy for me to accept my father after not seeing him for so long. But some thing about him made me want to get to know him better. I decided to let bygones be bygones and accept my father.

My love for him won't recover in these 3 weeks, but a small portion is getting there. I didn't know my dad could be so opposite from my mother. My mother is negative and has a toxic quality to her.

But my dad is so caring and wants to actually love me and Mia. I think I'm thankful that he showed up on thanksgiving.

It's close to Christmas time and I still haven't heard anything from Brian nor has he heard from me. Maybe it's best this way. My dad keeps the world sane without seeing Brian's face everywhere. He kept the empty hole from being empty.

We have been doing outdoor activities and I like it. I'm happy he's here with me so I won't be alone. It's a nice feeling having a parent figure around Christmas time in the house.

Eventually I told Mia what happened with Brian and my dad too, why not? They both told me he'd come around, but he never did.

I haven't heard from Nathan either. I was glad because he would making everything worse again. Plus I would make it worse too if I was near him. If Brian ever decided to come back to me then I want to be Nathan free.

"Red or gold?" My dad held up the ornaments for the Christmas tree.

"How about both?"

He nodded and we began to decorate the Christmas tree together.

BRIAN'S POV

I looked down at my phone thinking she would text me any minute. Nothing..

"Are you still looking at your phone?" Kevin asked me as he came into the room.

"She will text me, you'll see," I knew that was a lie. Even I didn't believe that.

Kevin sighed, "Brian it's already been 3 weeks. Why didn't you ever go back for her that day?"

"You know why Kevin. Annie didn't send me anything that day. She hates me for the way I treated the problem, the way I treated us," I leaned back on the couch.

"How do you know that? If you're suffering I think she's suffering too. You should go find her before time makes her forget you completely," Kevin advised me.

He was right. If I waited any longer for her to reach me then she would forget about me as time went on. I wasn't going to loose her again.

"Thanks Kevin," I got up and tapped his shoulder.

Our album was going to be released this week and I wanted Annie to have a copy so she could have me with her.

We were currently staying in New York because we had a few interviews and special performance to do. After our interviews I could go back home to Annie and never loose her again.

I went to the room and plopped myself onto the bed. The next day after Annie went home I saw Niall for the last time.

"Hey, are you busy?" Nathan knocked on my hotel room door.

I got up and opened the door, "What do you want?"

"Just hear me out. Can I come in?" He motioned with his chin.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"I know we aren't the best of friends, but what you said that Annie has told you she loves you well... I envy you," he said.

"Envy me? What do you mean?" I leaned my back against the wall.

"I envy that Annie loves you the way you love her. Ever since I've been in the music industry I feel like people only want to date me because I'm a celebrity. Annie dates you for you," he put his hands in his pockets.

"I envy the way Annie looks at you. Brian, she really loves you and I guess I wanted what you have or had," he finally let out a smile.

"Nathan, you'll find your girl. Just keep looking, have patience. I'm sure she's out there," the room wasn't so awkward anymore.

"I'm sorry I messed up what you had with Annie. I wanted her to look at me like that," he looked away from my gaze.

I got closer to him, "I'm glad you came over, but I don't think Annie wants to see me anymore after the way I told her to leave. Maybe we are done."

"Don't be so sure. If you think that she probably thinks the same after what she did with me."

I haven't heard from Nathan ever since that day. But now I regret not going after Annie. A message won't do because I want to see her face. I know she wants to see mine too. That is if she still loves me..

ANNE'S POV

"When do you want to go?"

"Go where?" I knelt down to dig better into the cardboard box.

"Ice skating. The time to do that is right now so we can enjoy this season," my dad laughed.

"Maybe this week. I'm on vacation from school so we can go anytime."

Finally I got my Christmas vacation and do whatever I pleased. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders knowing I didn't have any homework due.

We decided to put the Christmas tree to give the house more Christmas spirit.

My dad began to laugh, "I love this show. Sweetheart have you seen this show?"

"What show dad?" Where did I leave that dang tinsel?

"It SNL, you know, Saturday Night Live."

I got up and my knees hurt after kneeling on the floor. "I think I've seen it before..." I saw something shiny under the box and noticed it was the tinsel I was looking for.

"You missed it Annie. It's almost over, but that's ok because this was a rerun. There will be a new episode this Saturday."

This week hosts Jim Carrey with musical performance by the Backstreet Boys.

Wait..what did I just hear??