Chapter 40

BRIAN'S POV

"And that makes you larger, that makes you larger, that makes you larger than life!"

We sang our last song with a lot of strength.  We were exhausted and ready for our show tomorrow night.  "Wow, that echo is my favorite part," said Howie.

The arena echoed after we sang our last song. It was amazing every time. I loved our job.

"That was really great," Nick said in his microphone. Kevin brought his microphone to his lips, "hallelujah."

We all laughed and began getting off stage. I was last and before going down the stairs I put my microphone in the box. We headed to our backstage room.

"I am starving," Aj rubbed his stomach. "Me too," said Nick. I went to the mini fridge and got a water bottle. It tasted like the best water in the world.

"Why don't we order some room service?" suggested Howie. I would love that. I could invite Annie to eat with us.

"Let's go then" I said. "Wait..but Brian over here has to eat with us," Nick said. What to do when you're girlfriend is with you and your brothers?

Kevin nudged Nick, "Let him be. If he wants to eat with Annie he can. It's his choice." I think Kevin understood my position more than the others.

The guys started to leave. Nick seemed to hang back. "Nick you coming?" asked Aj. Nick nodded, "Yeah I just..need something." After Aj left the room Nick began to lecture me.

"Brian..," he began saying. "If this is about Annie then please let it go," I said. "Just listen to me. Brian I don't want to see you get hurt. And I don't want to see Annie get hurt either. Be careful. Please don't forget about us, the Backstreet Boys," he explained.

I faced him, "I know you're looking out for me. And I appreciate it, but I know what I'm doing Nick. You don't need to
babysit me every time.." It hurt a little saying that. But Nick needed to know how I was feeling.

"I know you do, but I'm just saying. Be careful, take care of yourself. I can't see my best friend crying on my shoulder," he laughed a little.

I smiled, "I won't. Believe in me." Soon he gave me a hug and left. I gathered my things and headed for the hotel.

Just as I was a few blocks away I saw Annie alone. I told Mitch to drop me off at the hotel and to go get her. I went to our room and waited.

A few moments later Annie was back. I noticed her eyes were red. "What's wrong?" I asked rubbing her arms. She hugged me and began to cry. How it broke my heart to see her like this.

"I-the tv and Nathan," she said vaguely. I lead her to the couch, "shh what about Nathan? Did he do something to you? Because if he did I'm going to hurt him." She nodded, "he lied.." I could feel her grabbing the back of my shirt as she hugged me.

I rubbed her back, "I'm guessing you found out." She began to cry more after I said that. We hugged until she calmed down. She left go of me, "I saw on..the tv that the truth about him.."

I wiped her tears away, "I'm sorry baby you had to find out this way. I knew he was famous. But I didn't want to be the one to tell you. Not like that."

I tried to dry her tears away, "shh it's ok. I'm here now." I pulled her in and hugged her. I kissed the top of her head. She was so cute. I could feel my heart beating.

In the back of my mind I couldn't deny the fact that Annie has some type of feeling for Nathan. That killed me because I wanted to be the only one.

Minutes later I said, "Are you hungry? Should we order something?" She nodded, "And Madeline?" I ran my fingers through her hair, "Don't worry we'll send her room service too."

We ordered room service for us and for Madeline as well. I ordered a special dessert for my girl. I put on a movie and we began to eat.

At times we would feed each other some food. Annie would blush and that made me want her even more.

After eating I showed her the dessert (some chocolate covered strawberries) and she was happy. I fed her a strawberry. "Mm I love these," she said behind her hand. I smirked, "I know you do."

After stuffing ourselves we relaxed. "I was hungry," I said. "Me too Brian thank you." She kissed me and then pulled away.

I pulled her back and kissed her. She smiled in between our kiss, "Brian I love you." I knew she did. I felt like the happiest guy in the world. "I love you too Annie," I said.

I looked into her beautiful eyes and then kissed her. I kissed her slowly as she ran her fingers through my hair. "Brian.." she said.

She tired to take off my shirt, "Brian.." I stopped her, "Annie no. Not here. Plus I don't want to take advantage of you and we just for back together." She smiled, "You won't."

I took her off of me, "Annie I think we should wait."  She played with my hair, "Don't you want me?" What kind of question was that? "Of course I do, but I feel like you're vulnerable right now. Please wait," I explained.

She sighed a bit, "Ok Brian I'll wait..until you're ready." I laughed, "I'm ready, but I don't want it this way. I want it more romantic and right."

She pinched my cheek, "Aww you're adorable." She kissed me again. I would never get tired of kissing her. It felt right to me.

She pulled away, "I think I'm going to  see Madeline." I told her ok and she was gone. I took out my phone and looked for Nathan's twitter.

There it was. I followed him and moments later he followed back. I sent him a private message.

Please stay away from Annie. She doesn't love you. She loves me. If you hurt again I'll make sure you'll regret it.

He wasn't going to mess with my Annie. Not as long as she had me.