Chapter 32

Madeline made me want to hide away because I felt guilty. How I wanted to hide and bury myself far, far away. Madeline begged him to take us to his closed rehearsal.

I felt like we were invading their privacy. I just hoped Madeline wouldn't take any pictures or videos. That's where the real problem would start.

The Backstreet Boys rehearsal was fun and felt like a private concert for us.

As Brian sang with his glorious voice and danced I couldn't keep my eyes off him. It was like a magnetic force that I was attracted to. When ever he sang a solo line time stopped again.

Everyone and everything blurred out while Brian was in full color.

I waited with Madeline as they got off stage and left. Brian was the last to leave the stage. I couldn't help it and watched him go. He then turned around and saw me looking at him.

I could feel myself turning red!

Moments later Brian came back and was saying to Madeline if she wanted to see the guys again. Of course she got up and left me alone.

Brian then sat next to me, his presence felt strong. He positioned himself then turned toward me. I had his full attention and for a moment I liked it.

We talked about me being here for a week. I was nervous and soon that's when Madeline called me.

I got up and passed in front of him. I was hoping I wouldn't trip or else I would land on his lap.

Madeline led me to the Backstreet Boys dressing room. Of course she did.

"Ahhhhh! Annie can you believe we are here again?" Madeline was too ecstatic.

I just played along, "Nope I cannot."

Madeline made a face at me.

"Well, well you're back," Howie said to me.

I smiled, " I guess I am."

The room had an awkward tension, but Madeline was the only one with a full on expression on her face. She was too into the moment.

Brian came back to the dressing room as well. And finally the Backstreet Boys were in the room. All five were here and not one gone.

I wasn't sure if it was all the orange juice I drank, but I really had to go to the restroom. "Um where is the restroom?" I asked shyly.

"Oh it's.." Nick began to say, but soon Brian took over.

"I can lead you there..if you'd like," he said getting close to me. My heart raced super fast.

I didn't hesitate, "Ok, yeah."

I walked beside Brian to the restroom. It wasn't that far away. They had a special bathroom.

"Here you are," Brian said as he motioned to the door.

"Are you sure I should go here? Isn't this..just for men?" Why did I ask that?

He nodded, "ohhh I see what you mean. Yeah you can use it. Sometimes our female crew goes here, so I'm sure you can too."

He smiled and that made my knees wobbly. I walked it off as I entered the restroom.

After doing what I had to do I found Brian waiting. I didn't think he would wait for me..

We began to walk back when Brian said, "Oh here you dropped this when you got up from your seat."

He handed me my phone. As I grabbed I felt the tips of his fingers on mine. I quickly pulled away with my phone in my hand.

"Thanks I didn't even notice," I blushed.

We didn't make much conversation back to the dressing room.

"OHHHH! She beat you!" I heard Nick yell.

Me and Brian both looked at each other as we heard. When we entered Madeline and the guys were playing some type of game.

I squinted at what they were doing. I saw that they were playing a memorizing game. It was a small circular device that would light up. Then you would have to repeat the pattern.

Brian laughed, "where did you get that from?"

Aj turned around, " I had on my table. Sometimes when I arrive early I like to play it."

Madeline and the guys were busy playing. I sat on an empty couch spot and watched. I wasn't really in the mood for this.

I pretend like I was watching them play, but really I was watching Brian.

After minutes of "watching" I got up and was good to tell Madeline I was going back to the hotel.

But then Brian saw, "where are you going?"

I went over to where he was so he could hear me better. "I'm going back to the hotel. I find this pointless," I said.

Brian half smiled, "You always didn't have a thing for watching games huh?"

"I-I guess," I said as I looked at him. I can't believe he remembered that.

Brian motioned to me to get out of there, "I shall accompany you then. You shouldn't be alone."

"What about Madeline?" I said.

"She will be fine. The guys will take her back." He reassured me.

"Are you sure you want to go back to the hotel?" Brian asked.

I crossed my arms as I walked, "Well I've got nothing else to do since your guys are with Madeline."

"Maybe we could go explore?" He suggested.

Go explore? Did he think we were back together only because I was begin weak? I didn't want to break his heart again, but I felt like I had to.

I stopped him with my hand in front of him, "Brian look we aren't together ok? I don't think we should be..here me and you."

He made a confused face, "Together? Who said anything about being together?"

I sighed, " I think we should go our separate ways. Don't you?"

"Annie..Anne look let me get straight to the point. Why I was gone, it was because of you," he said softly.

"Me? What about me?" I asked.

"I think you and I should go somewhere more private then this," his eyes stared at me.

And with that he lead me somewhere more private.