Chapter 12

"LOOK AT HER FACE'!" I jumped without thinking.

Nathan chuckled at me, "it's ok . It's not real."

That was embarrassing. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

I was ready for the next scene that I reached for the popcorn. Nathan's fingers touched mine.

"Oh sorry," I quickly said trying to get rid of the awkwardness.

After that there was a weird tension in the room. Neither one of us tried to go for any snacks. What if it happened again?

Just then the movie ended and I was sort of relieved.

"Well..that was..something," I didn't know what to say.

"It was alright. It wasn't that scary," Nathan said calmly.

Of course he wasn't..

"Scary? What do you mean? It was for me!" I put the bowl on the table.

I looked down at the controller as I tried to change the channel. One of the buttons had gotten stuck.

"No you're just.." Nathan faded out.

I was so busy trying to fix the button I didn't know how the next thing had happened.

Nathan kissed me.

His lips were on mine. His eyes were closed and I was frozen. I couldn't seem to close my eyes.

His hand was on my cheek and it was like time stopped for a second. And in the moment I saw him again.

"I'm glad you decided to come here. I thought my message wouldn't be too much for you," he blushed as he kept looking at me in the mirror.

I shook my head, "It wasn't. I liked it."

Brian turned me around to face him. His blue eyes looked into my brown eyes. "You're really beautiful," He whispered.

His head titled and his lips touched mine. That was our very first kiss.

It was too fast and I wasn't thinking. My lips were already kissing him back.  But all I could think of was Brian.

Moments later it was like everything came back to me and I realized I was kissing Nathan.

I pushed him away, "I'm-I'm sorry I didn't mean to.."

"No no I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..done that.." Nathan turned off the tv.

I stood up and went to the kitchen.

What is wrong with me? Thinking about Brian..

I stood there until Nathan came after me, "If you want me to leave then I should."

I leaned against the counter, "I think that's best for both of us."

"Right..ok then I'll uh see you at school," Nathan ruffled the back of his hair.

"Yes you will. You can just let yourself out.." I said.

"Bye," he waved and was gone.