Chapter 82

BRIAN'S POV

"Hello?" I answered my phone as I got into my car.

"Brian, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me. What happened?" Annie's dad had called me. I was afraid something happened to my wife, to Annie.

"I-it's Annie. She.."

"She what?!" I didn't meant to yell, but my wife could be in danger.

"Come, she's in the hospital."

I needed to be told twice to be by my Annie's side. I quickly got into my car and headed to the hospital address Annie's dad sent me.

As I got to the hospital, I was scared something would happen to her or our baby.

I went immediately to the front desk, "I'm looking for Annie Littrell Jennings."

The front lady told me that I couldn't see her right now, but that the doctor would come see me.

I paced back and forth waiting for the doctor to arrive.

"Brian Littrell?"

I turned around, "Yes, that's me."

"Are you Annie's husband?"

I nodded, "Yes, what's wrong with Annie? Is she ok?" I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to her or our baby.

"Well, she was having some pretty strong contraptions. Has she been doing any smoking or drinking?"

"No,she doesn't drink or smoke," where was this leading to?

"Have you had any intimate activity or has she been stressing out?"

Why was the doctor asking me all these questions? I was confused and just shook my head.

"The reason I am asking is because Annie is going to need a premature birth. That means she has to deliver early, which is why I asked you those questions," he explained.

"She hasn't given birth yet, has she?" I emerged to be there next to her.

"Not yet, but she will soon. Annie is in a lot of pain, so she has deliver now."

I followed the doctor after he explained to me the procedure of Annie's delivery.

Before going inside I had to put on medial clothing. As I entered the room Annie was screaming in pain.

I ran over to her, "Annie, I'm so sorry I wasn't next to you." I grabbed her hand, but instead she squeezed it.

I kissed her forehead and wished I could take away her pain.

Moments later the doctor came in and told us they were ready to help deliver our baby.

"Annie, you can do it," I whispered to her.

"Annie I need you to push," the doctor said.

Her hand squeezed mine tightly as she delivered our baby. My hand felt numb, but if that helped Annie than I would deal with it.

I knew this would soon be over and we would have a baby.

Hours later Annie gave the final push and we heard a cry. "You did it honey," I kissed her hand.

"It's a boy. Congratulations," the doctor said.

He wrapped our baby in a special towel and gave our boy to Annie.

I looked at him and it was another beautiful moment in my life. I wiped Annie's face, "Annie, I'm proud of you," I sat in a chair so I could be face level with her.

"Isn't he beautiful Brian?"

"He is Annie," I kissed Annie's cheek.

ANNIE'S POV

I opened my eyes to find Brian asleep next to me. I looked down at my arms and didn't see my baby. Where had they taken him? I wanted to have him in my arms.

"Brian.." I said.

He opened one eye, "Baby, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"I feel tired," I sighed.

He lifted his head, "Of course because you brought our little one into the world."

"Where is he?" I asked trying to sit up.

"Don't get up, you'll hurt yourself. They had to check that he's healthy. Don't worry, he'll be back," he reassured me.

I laid my head back down on the pillow and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't believe I was a mother. The most beautiful gift any mother could have.

"Annie..have you been stressed lately?" Brian asked me.

I turned to look at him, "Why do you ask?"

"The doctor told me that could have been a reason why you delivered early. Is that it?"

"I just..I worry that you aren't home. I'm terrified you won't be back home early," I said feeling the tears in the back of my throat.

"Annie, you aren't suppose to stress out. I'm sorry, I had no idea. I'll take some time off to be with you," he scooted his chair closer.

I tried to smile, "I would like that."

The doctor came in carrying my little one. "He is perfectly healthy. Good job mommy. Once you recover you can go home," he said handing me my baby.

After he left me and Brian discussed what to name our little one.

"What should we name him?" Brian asked me.

"How about Brian jr.?" I joked.

"I would love that, but I want him to have his own name honey."

I looked at my little one, "What about Brysen?"

"Brysen?" he repeated the name I mentioned.

I nodded, "Yeah, what do you think?"

I looked at him as I waited for his answer. "I like it. Brysen it is," he said.

"Brysen Littrell," I said to our son.

"I want to hold him," Brian held out his arms.

I gently gave him Brysen. I watched as Brian cooed and talked to him in a baby voice. It was the cutest thing ever.

"He's is beautiful Annie," Brian smiled.

My heart filled with love for Brian and now for our son, Brysen.

"I'm sorry about your hand," I said remembering I squeeze it.

"It's ok Annie. I want you to hurt me if your in pain."

I couldn't wait to go home and start our new family. I wanted to go home and take care of Brysen with Brian.

"Are you ok Annie?" Brian interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded, "I just can't wait to go home with you and Brysen."

He looked down at him, "I can't either."

I watched as Brian rocked Brysen in his arms. My eye felt heavy and I decided to close them.