Chapter 24

It's a Backstreet Boy ticket?! My eyes widen along with my heart thumping loudly in my chest.

"What is this?" I asked knowing exactly what it was 

"It's your birthday present of course," Madeline bumped me on the arm.

I looked at the ticket carefully and saw that it was for a concert. "I-I can't go," my voice shook.

Madeline snorted, "Why not? You have to. It's your birthday."

I put the ticket on my lap, "Madeline anything, but this. We have to go back."

Madeline tried to grab my wrist, "Nonsense, come on let's go." I make myself heavy so she won't make go out of the car.

"Anne! I got these tickets in advance for this day. We aren't going to let them go to waste. Now come on," she grunted.

I got out the car as my legs shook. So many questions popped into my head. Would the others see me or make a big deal about it? And I remembered the night I went to tell Kevin why I had to leave.

"Let's go. Come," Madeline grabbed my arm and we headed to the entrance. I noticed that they were performing at the rose bowl. Hopefully they won't see me

We went through the metal detectors and got our tickets scanned. Madeline started clapping, "Yay! We are in. Now let's go see what merchandise they have!"

As we made our way there the line seemed pretty long. "Madeline maybe we should come after the show?" Madeline shook her head and made me get in line.

"After the show it will be worse. Let's see now. If you want anything just get it. I'll pay," she told me.

Time seemed slow as we kept getting closer to the front. Someone tapped my shoulder, "Anne is that you?"

I turned around not knowing who said that. I saw a girl a little shorter than me with brunette hair. I saw her and nodded, "Yes? Do I know you?"

Madeline didn't seem to notice since she's too into the merchandise booth. "You look great. How has things been?" The brunette girl asked me.

I had no idea who she is. "I um," Madeline then shifted me around to see the shirts. "We are next! What should we get?"

I scanned my eyes to the shirts that were there and I really loved the yellow one. Well it's more like a mango color. "That yellow shirt is nice," I pointed out.

I stood on the side as Madeline ordered what she was going to get get. As I stood there strange things started to happen. People in the line were whispering and pointing at me. And some even asked to take a photo with me.

Finally someone made me realize what  going on. "Are you here to see Brian?" Another girl with super short hair asked me.

"Ok that's it. Let's go inside," Madeline pulled me away.

As we walked in I realize the fans thought that I was here to see Brian. I'm like a celebrity to them. The fans know who Brian dates and who he doesn't. So they know me!

How was Madeline not realizing that people were asking me all these questions?

"I have to go to the restroom before we go in. Do you have to go?" Madeline asked me. I shook my head. We went to find the restroom and I waited for her outside.

As I waited a lot of girls whispered and looked at me. "Oh my gosh it's Anne." "Does she know Brian isn't here tonight?" "Are they even still dating?"

I felt myself blushing with humility. No one inside wanted to approach me until someone took the courage to do so. "Are you here to see Brian? You know he isn't here right?"

I stuttered, " I-I know. I'm just here to enjoy a show."  Isn't here? What does she mean? Then I remembered the announcement they made..

Madeline then came back and we walked over to the entrance of our seats. "You're gonna love this view. I saved up for this day," Madeline said as she waved her ticket.

She lead me inside to our area and I thought we were going to be seated all the way up. But to my surprise Madeline took me to the pit!

"Madeline are you sure these are the right seats?" I yelled over the noise.

She nodded, "yes! I got us super super close seats!" Madeline was holding onto my hand still leading me to our seats. I noticed that we weren't  far from the stage. We were in row 4, the middle seats.

"Here we are," Madeline let go of my hand. We sat down and I could feel myself trembling. Brian wasn't here, but the other guys were. What if they see me? Or what if they tell Brian I was here?

I begin to ask myself all these questions. The questions that I didn't want to know the answer to.

As I took off my bag Madeline asked me, "Are you ready?" I just shrugged unsure.

The venue was playing some songs and remixes. Madeline took a photo of herself as she danced. Then she took of me with her. We wait and wait until finally the lights began to dim.

I felt the screaming vibrate under my feet. Madeline made me stand up with her as she shook my arm.

I have never been this close to a concert before. I saw everything, which meant that they probably saw see me too.

Then the stage lights go haywire and the smoke began to rise . The screams get even louder. My ear started to ring as I watched the stage.

My heart beat super fast feeling both excited and scared.

Madeline started screaming at the top of her lungs. Then the smoke blasted one last time until..they are revealed.

My jaw dropped as I saw their silhouettes on stage.