Chapter 78

BRIAN'S POV

"You what?" She stared at me with those beautiful eyes.

I took a deep breath, "Annie, I know we mess up sometimes. That our relationship isn't perfect, but you loving me is enough for me. We always end up together and I know we are meant for each other.

"What I'm going to give you is your choice. If you want to wait, then we can. I just want you by my side forever. I don't know if you want me forever and that's okay."

"Remember when you asked what I meant when I said if could do this forever? Well this gift is that Annie."

Annie Jennings, will you marry me?" I got down on one knee and opened the box.

Annie seemed in shock because she wasn't responding. I could see a tear slide down her face.

"Brian..I don't know what to say," her voice was cracking.

"Well you can either say yes or no," I hoped she would say yes.

"Dad, Mia would you leave me and Brian alone, please?"

They nodded and left the room.

"What is it Annie?" I got up and sat next to her.

"Don't you think this is too..fast? What about you and the Backstreet Boys? And me and finishing college?"

"Annie, it's ok if we are going too fast. Don't you want me by your side forever?" I asked.

"But.." I put a finger on her lips.

"Annie, I want you next to me when I'm on tour or when the Backstreet Boys release another album. I want you there. But I also want to be there when you graduate. I want for you and I to be there for each other."

I felt like I was going to run out of words. But I knew as long as I felt that love for her I wouldn't.

"Are you sure you want me forever?" She said softly.

"Why do you ask that? You know I do. You're the one for me Annie. Aren't I the one for you?" I knew the answer, but I wanted to hear it from her.

She smiled, "You are. It's just that..won't you get bored of me?"

I put the box aside and took both her hands, "Annie..I could never get bored of you, ever. I love you so much. Plus when we go touring you might not want to go so we might not see each other."

"But I might want to go," she whined.

I laughed, "I'll take you with me no matter what. What do you say? Will you marry me?" I felt my heart in my throat, pounding fast.

"Yes, Brian, I will!" She broke free from my hands and wrapped her arms around me.

I loved this moment and I knew we would have more moments like this in the future. The way her hair smelled and her warm hugs.

When she stopped hugging me I got the box and took out the ring. I put it on her finger. I was happy that soon she would have my last name.

Annie examined the ring after I put it on, "Its so beautiful Brian."

"Actually, I was going to ask you to marry me even earlier. When we were first dating," I admitted.

"You were?"

I nodded, "Yes, but obstacles got in the way so..here we are."

"I'm more happy you gave it to me now," her smiled that I caused was glowing.

ANNIE'S POV

"What a day!" My dad said as he helped clean up the torn up wrapping.

"It was a day," I said putting in the wrapping into the trash bag.

"Are you happy sweetie?" He asked me.

I stopped and looked at him, "I am dad.  Brian makes me happy and I love him."

"I know you do. I'm happy for you Annie. You deserve happiness," he said getting closer to me.

I sighed, "don't worry dad. You'll find your happiness too."

He hugged me, "Right now you and Mia are my happiness."

I gave my dad a kiss on his cheek, "Hey, a backstreet boy is now your son-in-law."

He laughed, "That's right. I am a cool dad now."

As we finished picking up the trash, night was already here.

My dad took the trash out and I sat on the couch.

"Annie..I could never get bored of you, ever. I love you so much," Brian's words rang in my mind.

I felt Brian's love deep in my heart and I knew Brian was the one. He has always been the one. I was just too clueless to see it.

I was excited, nervous and happy to have a future with Brian. I wondered what it would have in store for us.

Whatever it was, I knew we could get through it as long as we had each other.

"What are you along here by yourself?" Mia asked me as she sat down next to me.

"Just..thinking," I said.

"Brian?"

I nodded, "I can't believe he asked me to marry him."

"Are you scared? If you are, it's normal you know. I think if you're afraid just think that you'll have Brian."

"I am. Yeah..I guess you're right. I just don't want him to get bored of me," I really didn't.

"He won't, Annie. He loves you too much. It's not enough for him. Sometimes loving someone isn't enough. He wants you to spend your life with him," she explained.

"But what if I get bored of him?"

"You won't. You'll be busy finishing college and he will be doing his music. You'll be both be busy and at the end of the day your love will be like the first time," she smiled.

"How are you so good at this talk?" I laughed.

"I just know Annie. You'll see," she rubbed my arm.

Mia was right. We would each be doing our own things. Maybe I wasn't afraid to marry Brian because it was too fast. I was probably afraid because what if he loved someone else?

But I knew that would never happen because he loved me.

I laid my head back on the couch drifted off to sleep as I thought about the future.