Chapter 25

There they were.. only a few feet away from me. My legs kept trembling and I tired to hold onto Madeline, but she kept moving.

She kept screaming harder than ever. I wanted to sit down, but I didn't want to disappoint Madeline thinking I wasn't having a good time.

Breathe Anne, breathe, I told myself.

"All you people can't you see can't you see.." They began to sing their opening song.

"Ahhhhh! I love this song!" Madeline screamed while shaking me. I tried to balance myself because Madeline's  shaking almost made me fall.

I knew he wasn't there, but my eyes scanned for Brian. It's been a few months since I've seen the Backstreet Boys . Some part of me liked it and the other part was trying to hide from them seeing me.

Madeline's enjoyment of the concert made me realize to just have a good time. That me and Brian were in the past. I should be living in the now, the present.

The Backstreet Boys were just as good as they were when I dated Brian. They've always been amazing and always are.

I wanted to dance, but I was afraid the people behind me or next to me would see me. Moments later I had forgotten about the crowd and just danced the night away.

I danced to forget Nathan, Brian and my reality problems. I was having a damn good time.

"I knew you would like this!" Madeline shouted. 

I had forgotten some of their greatest hits they had. They sang songs from their Never Gone album. I stopped dancing and got a nostalgic feeling. It was almost like dejavú.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Madeline screamed. The guys began to sing "I'll never break your heart." The crowd went crazy.

They began to sing along with the boys. It was nice and sounded like a choir. Soon in the middle of the song they were scanning the crowd. I tried not to eye Nick, but I couldn't help it.

Then my heart was going to explode because they brought Madeline on stage. Aj held out his hand to Madeline and led her to the stage.

There was already a chair for her on the stage and she sat down. Kevin gave her a rose and a small kiss on her cheek. I could see her blushing.

As they wrapped up the song I saw Nick lean into her ear and tell her something, but I don't know what.

What did Nick whisper to her?

BACKSTREET BOYS POV

"It's supposed to be sold tonight!" Aj said fixing his outfit.

The guys were getting ready in their styling room. "How's my hair?" Nick pointed to his head. Howie gave him a thumbs up.

"Relax, we will be how we always be, damn amazing," Kevin said.

"I wish Brian were here to sing with us.." Nick said sadly.

"He's here in spirit. He might even tune into a radio to hear us," Howie said.

"I guess you're right. Or see our videos on instagram," Aj turned around to speak to the others.

"Backstreet Boys you're on!"

The boys got in their position. Just as the lights dimmed the screaming vibrated in their feet. Nick breathed out as he heard the crowd.

The music began to play and the smoke began to rise slowly. Just as their cue to come on started the curtain rose and they began to sing.

All their nerves and worries faded away. They were home, on stage.

They loved seeing the sold out stadium. It was gigantic and the screaming filled the whole stadium.

After finishing their first song Aj said, "LA make some noise! We are happy to be here."

The crowd went insane. They sang their hits and danced. The sweat dripped down their foreheads, but that didn't stop them.

They put a chair in the middle of the stage and "I'll never break your heart" started to play.

The crowd lit up the stadium with their phone lights. It was really beautiful.

Aj swayed his arm as he sang his line.

Nick knew they were going to bring a fan on stage and started skimming the front crowd. Just as he was skimming the left side he saw a familiar face. A face that was trying to avoid him.

That face then looked at him and knew who that was. Annie.

Just as Aj backed up, Nick signaled him to bring the fan that was talking to Annie. Aj then caught on.

Aj began to walk forward and held his hand out to Madeline. He led her onto the chair. The guys began to sing to her and Kevin handed her a rose.

Just as the song was ending Nick leaned in to her ear.

"This rose will get you backstage. Once the concert is over let the security guards know we are expecting you. I'll let them know," Nick explained.

Madeline nodded and blushed even harder. Aj then led her back to her seat.

The concert felt too short. The boys wished it had last longer. Soon they were back in the dressing room.

Nick gulped down water, "Did you guys see what I did?"

Kevin dried his face with a small towel, "What did you see?"

Nick widened his eyes in disbelief, "You didn't see?!"

Howie shook his head, "No ..what?"

"I saw," Aj said.

Kevin laughed a little, "What did you guys see?"

Nick sat down on the couch, "Ok during I'll never break your heart I was looking for a fan to bring up. And I saw her. Annie!"

Kevin and Howie looked at each other. "You what now?" Kevin asked.

Aj began to open his water bottle, "It's true. I saw her too. I think she was with the girl I brought on stage."

"I told her to meet us here. You know..like a meet and greet," Nick grinned.

"You what now?!" Kevin nearly shouted.

"I only did that to see Annie. Why is she here? Ohh is she here to see Brian?" Nick sounded like a little kid.

"Brian? I don't think so..Don't you think Brian would've said something?" Howie said calmly.

Both Nick and Aj shook their heads. They knew Brian well.

"Brian went to see her at her college, so no. But soon we will find out," Nick said.

And that's what they planned on doing.