Chapter 8

BRIAN'S POV

"I am beat!" Howie said as he got his stuff. I grabbed a towel and dried my face, "Me too. What a night."

We were getting ready to go home. Me and Nick would go in one car and the other three guys in another car.

Nick handed me a water bottle, "Here I know you get thirsty and always forget to bring water." I took it and told him he was right.

It was a good thing me and Nick were in the same car.

Nick laid his head on the seat, "So...you think you're up for the job? To get her back?"

I knew I was ready. I always knew. "What do you think?"

"Ohhh hoho I know you're ready. You know whenever you would bring her to our concerts she always treated us as if she was a fan. I liked that about her," he said softly.

I smiled, "I remember. She would be excited to go backstage." I laid my head on the seat and looked over at Nick.

He saw me watching him. "What's that look for Brian? You really love her, don't you?"

I shifted my head to the window, "I do. I can't let her go. You know that."

As I looked out the window it brought back flashbacks to our first date.

"Where are we going Brian?" she laughed. As I drove into the night I said "You'll see." I had to plan our first date together. I wanted it to be special.

I grabbed our snack basket and her hand. I led her into a park that no one really knew about. I set up our picnic date near a tree with flowers blooming.

She looked around, "I have never been here before. It's really amazing. And the tree Brian." She made a cute pouty face.

"Look at the stars, Annie," I said. She smiled and looked up at the night sky. The stars were shining really bright that night. "They're very beautiful," she softly said. " Exactly, just like you," I said as I gently ran my fingers across her face.

She was radiant that night.

"Finally you're home !" Nick said out loud making me turn to him. My body was aching all over and I was tired.

I opened the door to the car and hopped out. The other car was parking behind the one me and Nick were in.

"Oh good you didn't fall asleep this time," Aj shouted to me as he closed the door.

"Not this time," I grinned.

The guys all told me goodnight and left. The car had only dropped me off at my house. They were going to get dropped at their destination.

I stretched my neck as I got in and turned on the light. It was really late, but I wasn't sleepy.

I took a shower to get rid of my aches and frustrations. It felt nice to stand under the shower and feel the warmth.

I got out and put on comfortable clothes. I went over to the kitchen and looked for a snack. I remember I had bought a pack of mac and cheese. I decided to eat that.

To this day, even mac and cheese made me think of her.

I sat on my couch and ate my mac and cheese. I skimmed the channels to see what there was on. There was the music channel and 'As Long As You Love Me' was playing.

I smiled and then changed it. I wasn't in the mood for that right now.

I threw away the cup after I had finished it.

I remember I had a small calendar in my drawer near the couch. I rummaged through it and found it. It was located all the way at the bottom of my papers.

I got a pen and went to 'September .' I drew a big heart near it. I began counting down the days until I would go.

Today was August 24th. Almost.

As I was going to close the drawer it wouldn't budge.

I took it out and found out what was making it not close.

"Do you think it's too soon Kevin?" I said handing him the box. Me and Annie have only been going out for a good while, but I needed to prove her how much I loved her.

He opened it and looked at it " You guys have been going out for months now. Brian, if you truly love her give it to her. But I think you should wait, give her time."

Kevin opened the box and took out the diamond ring. "It's really beautiful. I think she'll love it if you decide to give it to her," Kevin smiled.

"As the Backstreet Boys, we will help you give it to her," Kevin said putting the ring back in the box.

"You would do that for me?" I asked.
Kevin nodded, "anything for you and Annie."

"Here put it somewhere safe," Kevin handed me the box back.

I opened the box and the ring was still in there. I held it in my hand as I thought about her.

I know you didn't mean to hurt me or us, but that doesn't mean I'll stop loving you.

I will do my best to get you back. I promise.

NATHAN'S POV

My eyes were burning me from sleep. But I couldn't go to sleep yet.

I switched my clothes into something more relaxed.

Why am I doing this anyways?  Why am I going to college?

I heated some leftovers from a few nights ago. I went over to the TV and turned it on.

I put my dinner table and set up my stuff.

I began to eat bits of burgers as I decided what to watch.

I settled on news because there was nothing on.

Fans are speculating the 23 year old Irish singer, Nathan, is hiding out. They think he isn't recording an album, but living an average life. One fan found this tweet on Nathan's twitter saying ,"TOO MUCH!! 🤦🏼‍♂️"

The fan also pointed out his location 'Fullerton.'  What could he be doing?  Another fan tweeted out , " He hasn't posted anything on his instagram. But we will find him."

I didn't want to be found just yet....