Chapter 23

BRIAN'S POV

As I drove away I saw the guys disappearing in my review mirror.

Boy, am I going to miss them.

This will be a long drive so I'll know I will have to get comfortable. Good thing I put some snacks in the front with me last night.

I went snack shopping last night because I didn't want to make pit stops. But I know that I will have to anyways for gas.

I turn on the radio for some music. I put it on 102.7 KISSFM.

Ryan Secrest is talking about being the 100th caller.

Right after our special song will be the 100th caller to win a pair of Backstreet Boys tickets for their sold out show! For 1 night only will they be at the Rose bowl in Pasadena.

Then the radio started playing 'I want it that way.' I started singing along to our song.

"Sing it again," she said with a twinkle in her eyes. I laughed, "..when I say I want it that way."

She jumped in her seat, "I love when you sing me your backstreet boy songs."

Annie loved me hearing sing to her on our road trips. She took my hand and held onto it.

"Promise you don't stop singing to me?" She said softly.

I looked over at her, "I promise. I'll sing to you all day if you want." She laughed.

"I love our drives together. I feel safe with you, "Annie softly said to me. I looked over at her as I drove and she was so beautiful. I couldn't believe she was mine.

"So do I," I said as I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. Her hand was cold and so I held onto her hand even tighter.

"I know our one month anniversary is coming, but I want to give you something," I smiled at her. I let go of her hand and tried to look for what I was going to give her.

I remembered it had dropped to the floor where the pedals were. Without thinking, I bent down to grab the present.

The vehicle was going to fast. I tried to hit the brake, but it was stuck. "BRIAN!" Anne called out to me.

I tried to swerve out of other cars way, but instead the car swerved out of the road.

By the time I opened my eyes I realized we were trapped under the car. "An-Ann-" I tried to say, but my side pain wouldn't let me.

I tried to look over to Anne, but I was stuck. I reached out my arm and felt her warmth.

I managed to loose myself and squeeze myself out of the car. I didn't care about my safety. Instead I went to help out Annie.

I kneeled beside her, "Annie..Annie.." The tears that blinded me wouldn't let me see. I wiped them away as I helped out Annie.

A car horn honked at me bringing me out of my thoughts. If only I could rewind back time, I would.

If only..

ANNE'S POV

"Wait for my signal Jennings," Madeline says.

Then I felt Madeline shuffling into my bag. I heard rustling paper, which was my gift. She placed it in my hand, "Take it."

I held onto it imaging the gift in my mind.

In the back of my head I felt Madeline grabbing the blindfold that's wrapped around my eyes and she took it off slowly.

My eyes adjusted to the brightness and I looked down and saw the gift I was holding.

"Wait, don't look around yet. Open your gift now," Madeline's excitement could be heard in her voice.

I started unwrapping the gift. I wanted to unwrap it carefully, but I'm not going to save this paper. Why am I kidding myself?

Soon a white paper appeared and I felt like I could see the gift. I grabbed the white paper and lifted it up. It seemed to be a white t-shirt is some kind.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the image that was on the t-shirt. It's was the Backstreet Boys.

The shirt was neatly folded and I took it out of the wrapping. I extended it and there was an image of them! And my eyes went directly to Brian.

I slightly smiled at Madeline, "Wow this is..great. Thanks..but.." She cut me off.

"Do you like it? You don't have to wear it since you already have an outfit," I could see that she got the gift from her heart.

I nodded, "Thanks Madeline. It's great." I felt hesitation knowing that she didn't  know about my past with Brian.

"Wait wait there's more. Open the card that's there," she pointed to my lap.

I put the shirt on the seat and got the card that was beneath the shirt. I opened it and took out the card.

Happy Birthday Anne! I know I'm not the greatest sometimes, but know you're pretty cool to me. Anyway I hope you enjoy your birthday ;)

p.s. I hope this makes up for all the times you hated me

I felt tears in the back of my throat, "Aww Madeline this is too sweet!" I noticed some sort of check sliding down the card.

I grabbed it and saw that it was Backstreet Boy ticket?!