Chapter 48

BRIAN'S POV

Annie sounded shocked when I told her that. She got up and went to turn on the lights. "Are you serious Brian?" She put her hands on her hips.

I sat up, "I'm not sure what I want. I'm confused. You and me in the dark feels like we are committing a crime."

Annie scoffed, "Brian you can't just say no and then yes and no again!" I immediately got up and motioned for her not to yell.

"Babe you'll wake up your sister," I whispered.

And with that Annie didn't say a word to me that night.

"Brian you can't just say no and then yes and no again!"  Her words echoed in my dreams all night long...

When I woke up I noticed Annie's back was touching my arm. I slowly got up and quietly opened the door.

I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen.

"Good morning Brian. What was all the commotion last night?" Mia was already there.

I fixed my clothes, which I was in my pajamas. "Good morning. Oh we just had a disagreement that's all."

I don't think Mia truly believed it was a disagreement...

Annie didn't really talk to me throughout the morning. As Annie walked past me I grabbed her arm. "Annie please don't be upset. I'm sorry. I'll do anything, expect that. Please, Annie," I begged.

Soon Annie came into my arms and I comforted her. I told her not to be mad at me especially since today she would go back to class.

"Brian how are you going to take me to my campus?" Annie asked grabbing her books.

I smirked, "Well thanks to your sister she.. let me borrow her vehicle. We talked before she left, which she said she had to go. She didn't want to wake you up. And she let me borrow her car."

Annie made a face, "What was the catch?"

I laughed nervously, "Well.. "

"Brian! Tell me," Annie demanded.

"She said as long as I don't break your heart and to put gas," I said softly.

And with that I took Annie to her college. It felt pretty good taking the love of my life to class.

She held my hand the entire car ride and said she will miss me.

"Are you going to be ok? At my house?" she asked me. I rubbed her hand, "You mean our home now. Don't worry. I'll be fine."

Annie gave me the directions and guided me so I wasn't entirely lost.

I stopped at the drop off area, "I'll see you later. I love you." She put an arm around me and kissed me. Annie didn't care who saw us. As she kissed me I could feel her fingers through my hair.

"I love you too," she said and got off. I watched her go into her college. Then I drove off.

I wasn't ready for a day without Annie.

ANNE'S POV

I walked into the campus and saw Madeline at our hang out spot. "There is the queen," she said with an accent.

I laughed, "are you high?" Madeline scoffed, "No. what the heck Annie?"

As we made our way deeper into the campus I talked about Brian. Maybe she was getting sick of me talking about him..

Then Madeline told me how she had fun with the guys after she left my house. That they played board games and they stayed up late.

"It was a good day I tell ya," she said.

As I went to math I dreaded the idea of seeing my professor. Actually I hated the idea of seeing them all. I know Madeline said she had it covered, but what if they asked me what I did the whole week I was absent?

In my classes all I could focus on was Brian's lips, his touch and being next to him. I kept wondering what he was doing without me.

Some of my professors cared and others didn't. Some did ask me to make up my homework and such. Others understood my "situation..."

Before I knew it was lunch time. I met Madeline at our hanging out spot. By the small pond in front of the library.

"So..how was class?" She asked me. I groaned, "I wish I hadn't come.."

Madeline took off her backpack, "that bad huh?"

I sat next to her, "uh-huh.."

Madeline took out her lunch, "what's really bothering you? Is it Brian?"

I looked at her, "Sort of. I miss him. And some professors want me to make up assignments." I felt lazy.

"Don't worry. It will be alright. Let's just enjoy our lunch," she smiled.

I nodded, "ok."

In between our lunch my phone buzzed. It was Brian.

Brian ❤️💞: How's my princess doing so far?

Me: 😭😭

Brian ❤️💞: What happened? :(

Me: Too much homework!

Brian ❤️💞: do it for me! 🥰

I smiled at my phone. Madeline saw me, "Is it Brian?"

I showed her the messages, "Isn't he sweet?"

Madeline rolled her eyes a bit, "It's disgusting if you ask me." I slightly punched her arm. She rubbed it, "Ow! I'm kidding!"

After we were done we just hung out until we both had to go back. "So I'll see you afterwards?" I asked as she walked me to class.

"Of course. Unless.." she stopped.

Then I remembered, "ohh right. Brian can give you a ride. He has to because I'll tell him to."

Then we said bye and went to our class. It was boring and plus I don't think the teacher was in the mood for teaching.

They only explained the assignment and let us do the rest. I sat there looking at my paper day dreaming about Brian.

When I went to my next class, which was politics I remembered Nathan was in there too. As I walked to the class I heard whispers and girls giggling. I felt like they were talking about me..

I took a deep breath and braved myself up to head inside. I looked for my usual spot, but someone took it. So I sat somewhere better.

I waited and waited for Nathan, but he never showed up. "E-excuse me," I poked the person next to me.

They looked at me, "Yes?"

"Oh I was just wondering..um do you know Nathan? Nathan McGirk?" I tried not to sound like I knew him.

The person fixed their glasses, "ohhh didn't you hear? The whole campus is talking about how a celebrity went here. He was that celebrity, but doesn't go here anymore. He's a big shot, so I'm assuming he went back to rich estate."

"Thanks," I said.

So..Nathan was gone huh? It was probably for the best.