Chapter 69

BRIAN'S POV

I rubbed my sweating hands on my pants. "It's ok Brian, just relax," Howie tried to console me.

I was a bit nervous to see Annie again. Would she take me back? Did she have someone new in the 3 weeks we've been apart? So many answers I wanted to know to my annoying questions.

"Oh we are here. Go Brian," Nick pointed out the window. As soon as the vehicle stopped I unbuckled my seat belt and headed out of the car.

I prepared myself for the worst or for the best.

I knocked on her door, "Ann-Annie, it's me Brian." I waited for her to burst open the door and run into my arms, but that was only my imagination.

"Annie!" I said more loudly this time. Nothing. I took out my phone and called her. After 4 rings a male's voice answered, "Hello?"

"This is Annie's phone right?" I asked the unfamiliar voice.

"That's right. Who's this?"

"It doesn't matter. Where's Annie?" Who was this guy? Was he her boyfriend?

"Annie-Annie is.." My heart stopped feeling something had happened to her.

"Annie what?!" I yelled.

"Annie's in the hospital. We got into a car accident," they said softly.

My mouth had gone dry, "WHAT?! Which hospital are you at? Please send me the address!"

I hung up and quickly got into the vehicle. "What happened?" Kevin asked me.

"STEP ON IT MITCH!" was all I could say.

ANNE'S POV

"-she's gonna be okay. Just some minor injuries, but she will need a cast for her arm." It sounded like a female's voice, but maybe I was dreaming.

I wanted to open my eyes, but my state wouldn't let me. Don't panic, I told myself.

It was a weird feeling being awake, but not being able to open your eyes. I could hear whatever was going on, but I couldn't see it.

"When will she wake up?" was that my dad?

"We gave her a strong medication so maybe in a couple hours. I'll come back later to check on her. In the meantime keep her company," it was the nurse probably.

He sighed, "It was my fault. I should be in her position .."

Not sure what happened, but footsteps sounded on the floor and I heard a door open or close?

"I'm sorry Annie...I shouldn't have drank that coffee while I was driving you. I'm such a bad father..." dad's voice cracked.

I wish I could tell him it wasn't his fault. That I'm glad he's ok even though I'm well... here.

His hand grabbed mine and he began to caress it, "I'm sorry honey.."

It hurt to hear my own father cry. I wish I could hug him and tell him everything was going to be ok.

BRIAN'S POV

"What room is it?" I asked the receptionist.

"It's room 224, just down the hallway," she said while still looking at her clipboard.

"Thanks," I said as I rushed to the room.

Couldn't my feet run any faster?

When I finally saw the room she was in I opened it to find a guy holding her hand. But that wasn't the worse thing I saw.

It was Annie lying there motionless on the hospital bed. I felt my heart drop more farther than it has ever dropped.

"Annie.." I whispered as I got closer to her. The guy that was there looked at me, "who are you?"

I wiped my face that was wet, "I should ask you the same thing."

"I'm her father. Annie is my daughter. I can be here. Now who are you?"

Annie's father?

"Oh..I'm-I'm Brian. Her boyfriend," even if she was mad at me I was still hers.

Annie's father's expression changed, "oh! She's told me about you. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand and I shook it.

"She has?" Annie's told her father about me? I smiled a little bit knowing she brought me up.

He nodded, "oh yeah. Come, sit here next to me."

I sat next to him and he told me how this happened. Whenever I would look at Annie I wanted to hold her tightly. I wanted her to know I was here and that I wasn't going anywhere.

"It was my fault she's here. I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if something else happened to her," he said to me.

"She's ok and that's what counts. I know what you mean," I too felt angry at myself when we had the accident.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is I also got her into an accident. It was because I dropped something on the floor and it blocked the brakes.." that was still fresh in my mind.

He sighed, "Annie doesn't deserve us.."

"I couldn't agree more."

"So why aren't you and Annie together?" he asked me all of a sudden.

I looked at him, "What? Why? Is she seeing someone else?"

Her dad chuckled softly, "No, because we watched you on SNL and she looked sad afterwards."

Annie saw me? My heart pounded as I imagined her watching me on tv.

"She did? What did she say?"

"Not much, but I think she misses you. I bet you miss her too."

I did miss her. I missed her with all my heart and I'm glad she wasn't with anyone else.

"Well I'm going to get something from the cafeteria. Do you want something?" He asked as he got up.

"No, thank you," I just wanted to be alone with her.

ANNE'S POV

I wish I could see Brian's face right now. I think he was the only one in the room right now.

His hand grabbed mine, "I'm sorry Annie for everything. I shouldn't have just sent you off like that. Your father's right, I don't deserve you..."

Brian I wish I could tell you I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for doing what I did and I shouldn't have gone to see Niall. If I could erase this, I would.

I heard him kiss my hand, "When we get back we will do whatever you want, but please don't leave me. When I was in New York you were all I could think of."

Brian, you were always on my mind.

"Annie, I think that when we get back I'll be ready. I'll be ready to love you and make you mine again. I know you'll always love me just as I love you," I could hear him fighting back tears.

My lips wanted to say Brian, but I couldn't.

"We might be new at this relationship thing since we keep going on and off, but I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life. When you finish college I'll marry you, but right now please wait."

I knew I would want to spend my life with Brian too. He was meant for me and I was meant for him.