Chapter 49

BRIAN'S POV

I looked at the clock and saw it was time to pick up Annie. I grabbed the keys and headed out to the car.

As I drove to her college I turned on the radio. 'Larger than life' was playing.

I tapped my fingers to the beat on the steering wheel. This was a good song. I should know.

I parked where I had dropped off Annie earlier and waited there. I took out my phone and sent her a message saying that I was there.

I sang the whole song until it was finished. I looked to my right and saw Annie walking with Madeline. I'm glad she wasn't alone.

As she walked to the car it was like time stopped. She looked beautiful than ever. Her hair blew in the breeze, but she didn't notice me staring at her.

Finally she made her way to the car, "Brian, is it ok if we give Madeline a ride?" I smiled, "Sure!"

Annie got in the passenger's seat and Madeline sat in the back. Then I drove off with two girls in the car.

I rolled the windows down a little bit. "How was class? school?," I didn't know what term to use.

Madeline sighed, "The same as always. Boring. But Annie here had a big day." I quickly took a glance at Annie, "Oh? Why's that? What happened?"

Annie stayed quiet before answering, "I just have a lot of homework from professor's that want me to make it up. Can't they see I was absent?" I could tell Annie was irritated.

Madeline told me where she lived. It only took 30 minutes from the school to her house. Well to both our houses because she lived on the same block.

"See ya!" Madeline said as she shut the door.

As I drove back to our home it was dead silent. Annie really must have had a bad day.

I parked in the drive way and helped Annie out. Finally we were both back home.

Annie threw her bag on the floor, "I'm exhausted." She dragged herself to her room and plopped onto the bed.

I followed with her bag in my hand. I set it down next to her bookshelf. I sat on the bed, "Annie do you want to talk about it?" I rubbed her back.

She moaned as I kept rubbing her back, "That feels good."

After I rubbed her back she flipped onto her back. She pouted, "I'm sorry Brian I'm like this.."

"What? No don't apologize," I said sympathetically.

Annie finally bursted her raging flame. How she missed me, the piling of homework and that the whole campus found out about Nathan.

"Honey don't get upset, but why do you care if Nathan isn't there anymore?" She had me now, so why worry about Nathan?

"Let's talk about it later," she said quietly.

I told Annie I had made her food. I also said that I was on YouTube all day looking up videos on cooking. Oh and that I had a meeting with the guys.

"What did you learn to make?" She looked over the counter.

I led her to the table and told her to stay there. I served her fettuccine with grilled chicken.

"This looks good!" She said hungrily.

We ate together. I think she liked it. She finished all of it. That's a good sign.

"Brian that was really good," she put her plate in the dishwasher.

I smiled, "I'm glad Annie. I made it for you and me."

I made my way over to her and kissed her. I haven't kissed her since the morning. I cupped my hands around her face. She bumped into the counter, but I didn't stop kissing her.

I put my hands on her legs and she jumped. Her legs were around my waist. I sat her on the counter.

I gave her a small kiss before letting her go. "What was that?" she blushed. She smelled good. I shrugged, "I guess I missed you. And I know you missed me."

As the day got darker I went to turn on the bath for Annie. She deserved a bath today. I made sure the water was warm, but not too warm.

I went back downstairs, "Annie. Annie." I almost slipped coming down the stairs as I saw Annie pop her head out from the room.

"What is it?" She asked. I went to her and grabbed her hand. I led her upstairs. "I got a bath ready for you. So you can relax."

I could see her blushing, "A b-bath? Wait..for me..or..you and me..?"

Now I felt red, "No. For you."

She hugged me and thanked me for the bath. "Should I also join?" I joked.

I left her to take her bath. In the meantime I washed and dried the dishes. After she was done I got her a towel.

I went to the living room while she dressed and dried herself. I was watching 'I can see your voice' when Annie came out to the living room.

I almost dropped my water. Annie was wearing a sort of see through pajama. She had shorts on and a tank top with straps.

"What are you watching?" She asked as she sat next to me. The man in me was ready to pop.

"Uh, I-I Can see your voice," I stuttered. Annie looked at me, "are you okay?"

I laughed nervously, "of course. What makes you think I'm not ok?" I wasn't.

"You're acting funny? Are you sure?" She asked again.

I nodded, "Yeah."

We watched tv together. But I couldn't focus on the tv. Annie would put her legs my lap. Or she would fix her strap.

I groaned loudly, "I can't Annie. I can't with you looking like that!" I had blurted out.

She raised an eyebrow at me, "What are talking about?"

I looked at her and then her lips. I crashed my lips into hers. I kissed her as if she was my lover.

I hope you have a good thanksgiving (for those who celebrate it) I know I will be eating A LOT! 🤣🤣 Double update just because. ENJOY 😊😊