Chapter 51

I couldn't stop staring at Nick and Madeline. After they stopped kissing Nick waved bye and Madeline went back into her house. I didn't know they were dating...

I pushed Brian's arm, "They're dating? Why didn't you tell me?" He made a confused expression, "I'm just as confused as you. I didn't know either. He didn't tell me anything.."

We made our way back to our house. I took off my beanie and gloves. My hands were somewhat cold. I rubbed them together hoping they would warm up.

I still couldn't stop thinking about Madeline and Nick. I know I've kept secrets from Madeline, but I hope she would've learned from my mistakes. Maybe I was wrong to think that.

I walked to my room and noticed Brian's bag on the floor. The bag from his travels of the Backstreet Boys tour. I forgot to make room for his belongings. I went to look for Brian. I stepped inside the kitchen and saw him there. He was pouring water into a maroon kettle.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He half turned his face, "I'm going to make some tea for us."

I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I put my hands inside his jacket pockets. "I can't wait for your version of tea. By the way, I forgot to put your clothes away. Is it ok if I put them in my drawer?" I said putting my chin on his shoulder.

He rubbed my hands, "Sure, I forgot too." Right when he turned to face me I kissed him. I took out my hands and headed back to my room.

I knelt down in front of my drawer and took out the bottom one. I refolded all my clothes so there could be more space.

The clothes that I didn't wear I put in my closet. There was a box on the floor so I put the extra clothes there.

I grabbed the bag and unzipped it. I turned it upside down and shook the bag. All of his clothes came out of his bag.

I folded his clothes into the bottom drawer. Surprisingly, almost all his clothes fitted into the drawer. The ones that didn't, which was a pair of 2 pants I put in the closet box.

After I opened my suitcase and took out my clothes as well. When I got to the last t-shirt I saw the Backstreet Boys shirt Madeline gave my for my birthday.

I smiled as I took it out and saw the shirt in a new perspective. I put the shirt on the bed and zipped up my suitcase.

I stood up and my knees hurt from being knelt down on the floor. I closed the drawer and was going to pick up the bag. Just as I reached for it I saw a small box.

It was a black box that was on its side. I put Brian's bag on the bed and grabbed the box. I examined it and thought it could be for his guitar pick. Maybe it was for an instrumentation?

Just as curiosity got the best of me Brian came into the room.

BRIAN'S POV

Annie said she was going to put my clothes away. I had forgotten she said she would make room for them. I'm glad she remembered. I didn't want to seem like a guest with my bag on the floor.

I decided to make some tea since it was getting colder as the night got darker. I didn't want Annie to get sick even though going walking was my idea. It would be my fault if she got sick.

I put the kettle on the stove and boiled it to a medium. That way it wouldn't be too hot and we could drink it right away.

I began to look in the cabinets for tea. I was going to call Annie because I couldn't find them. Then in the last cabinet that I opened they were there.

I took out a peppermint mint flavored tea. As I opened the bags I thought about Nick and Madeline. Was Nick really dating her? Why didn't he tell me?

I thought we told each other everything. I felt disappointment that Nick wanted to keep this a secret. Have I kept any secrets from him?, I thought.

I grabbed two mugs and waited for the water to be ready. I put the tea bags on  top of the counter. 

A few minutes later I turned off the stove and grabbed the kettle carefully. I poured water into the mugs and put the tea bags in each mug.

I walked over to Annie's room to tell her the tea was ready. As I entered I saw her with the ring box in her hand. I had forgotten I packed that in there.

I put the box for when I was going to get her. It slipped my mind that the box was hidden inside my bag.

"Annie, babe the tea is ready," I said stepping inside the room. She looked up at me, "what inside the box?"

I didn't want to tell her what was inside. After all I was the one who told her to wait for marriage. Actually that ring was supposed to be for our one month anniversary. What was I thinking when I bought that ring? Not that I didn't love her, but it was too soon.

I sighed, "it was supposed to be for you.." How could I lie to her? I just couldn't. She smiled a bit, "Me?"

I nodded, "You see.. before we broke up I bought that for you. It's a ..it's a ring.." I saw how her face lit up, "a ring?"

"Yeah. Remember it was our one month anniversary? Well, I was going to give you that.." I hate bringing that up knowing we crashed that day.

"You were?" She asked handing me the box. I took it, "Yes, but now I want to wait. Let's not rush. When I was going to go get you back I was bringing that with me. I just had to get you back."

I walked over to her and put the box on her desk. "Oh," was all she said.

"Please Annie don't do this. When it's the right time I'll marry now. But right now. Let's enjoy each other and our independence ok?" I tried to explain.

She smiled, "Ok Brian. You're right. Plus I need to finish college and you have your new music to record." I felt like an idiot for telling her what I said. But I didn't want us to marry right away.

My eyes saw a shirt on her bed, "Whats this?" I grabbed it and extended the shirt out, it was the Backstreet Boys.

"Oh Madeline gave me that for my birthday," she said.

"Why haven't you worn it yet? You should have me on you," I smirked.

I was loving that she now had something to represent me. But I kept thinking about our future together.

What if I wasn't ready yet? Or one of us would want to separate? I hoped that wouldn't be the case in the future.

I love Annie so much and I would do anything for her. I would wait if I had to because I would want her to be with her forever.