Chapter 27

Madeline chugged all her water bottle and was making me feel uncomfortable. Since Nick left there was a weird tension in the room.

"So.. who's idea was it to come see us?" Kevin asked.

Madeline wiped  her mouth with her sleeve, "Guilty! You see it's her birthday!" I was trying so hard not to bring that up. It would cause attraction.

"Really? Well happy birthday Anne," Aj said my name.

Madeline's face expression changed, "wait how do you know her name?" Oh boy..

I saw Aj's Kevin's and Howie's expression also change. "Uh she looks like an Annie." Aj laughed nervously.

Madeline was clueless, "I agree, she does!"

A few minutes later Nick came back into the room. "Everything alright?" asked Howie.

Nick nodded, "Just music business. I'm sorry for my absence. I'm Nick this is Aj, Kevin, Howie and well Brian isn't here."

When he said Brian wasn't there my heart sank a little.

"Where is he?" Madeline had to ask.

"Oh he's on a mission, but he will be back," Nick smiled.

"You are..?" Nick held out his hand to Madeline. "Oh I'm Madeline and this is Anne or Annie," she shook his hand.

"Well it's nice to meet you. I don't know if Annie here has mentioned us before, but she actually knows us. You know as in a friend way," Nick gestured.

"You're friends with Annie?" She nearly yelled.

"Uh sort of," I half smiled.

"You mean I could have met the Backstreet Boys all this time and you didn't tell me?!" She stood up.

"Sorry? It's nothing. Sit down," I grabbed her hand and tried to make her sit.

"I guess you didn't know huh?" Howie said.

"Um no! My first ever college friend didn't happen to mention it," she said through gritted teeth.

"She didn't?" Nick emphasized.

A few more minutes passed by when Madeline broke the tension, "Well it's been a night, but we must be going."

Before she could get up Kevin said, "Where you off to ladies? The night is still young."

"So it is, but we have hotel reservations that is why we must go," Madeline got up.

"Hotel reservations? Are you saying in town?" asked Howie.

Madeline nodded, " You see it's her birthday and well I thought we would take some time off from our..busy lives."

Nick mouthed a little 'oh.'

"So that's why we must get going. It's was more than a pleasure to meet you all," Madeline shook all their hands and took pictures with them.

Nick stood by the door way, "uh wait..what hotel are you staying at. We could give you a ride..if you'd like.."

Madeline began to flirt, "Mr. Carter I think that's a lovely idea."

And by Nick's kind offer their driver (along with the Backstreet Boys in the car) took us to our hotel.

"Well..this is it. Once again thanks again for everything," Madeline smiled big and got out the car.

Just as I was going to get off an arm pulled me back.

"Be careful out there," Kevin whispered to me.

As he said that all Backstreet Boys eyes were on me. I could feel their stares burning into me.

I nodded and Kevin let go of me. After I shut the door we watched them drive away.

"Wow! who would've thought we would meet the Backstreet Boys!" Madeline shook my arm.

"About the hotel.." I began to say.

"Don't worry about it. Your sister knows plus I sort of got us excused from our classes. Please don't ask me yet," she put a hand up from stopping me from asking.

We began making our way into the hotel.

THE BACKSTREET BOYS POV

"Be careful out there? What's that's supposed to mean Kevin? Are you trying to scare the girl?" Nick said.

Kevin crossed his arms, "No. I just gave her some advice. That's all."

"So where did you really go? Back there in the dressing room?" Aj asked.

"I'm not gonna lie. I told Brian. He has every right to know. Don't you guys think?" Nick looked at the other guys.

"Sure he does. But maybe with us all there? Just a thought," Kevin said.

"Yeah I mean I think Brian would have loved if we were all there to tell him," Howie said.

"Well..at least he knows now. So is he coming back?" Kevin gave Nick a stern look.

"He didn't say. He hasn't call me or sent me any message," Nick took out his phone and looked at it.

"Leave him be. Whatever his decision is we will be there for him," Kevin said.

Kevin always knew what to say.