Chapter 10

BRIAN'S POV

"Why did she do that to me Kevin? Why does she want to leave me? What have I done to her..?"  The words echoed throughout my head.

My shoulder got tapped on, "Why aren't you singing?" Aj asked me. I realized all the guys were watching me.

"I uh I, " was all I could say. I went off stage and out into the hallway. I paced back and forth. I couldn't wait any longer...

Footsteps came after me, "Are you alright?" Kevin asked me as he approached me.

I rubbed the temples of my head, "cousin I- I can't do this anymore.."

"What in the world do you mean? The Backstreet Boys?" He leaned his body against the wall.

I shook my head, "No, not that. I love the Backstreet Boys. This. Waiting for next month to come."

He made an 'oh' face, "You mean Anne, don't you?"

"Yeah, that. Kev, it's killing me inside that I can't go to her now. A few nights ago I found the..box," I said softly.

Kevin put his microphone in his pocket and crossed his arms, "The box huh? I can't believe you still have that. You must really love her then."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall, "You know I do. She's always crossing my mind."

"Brian have you thought what if Anne has moved on? What will you do then?" Kevin ruffled his hair.

"I haven't thought about that yet. I don't want to," my heart sank at his words.

"Cuz, you will have to. Remember the plan? Well now you need to figure out what if she's taken? You never know," he advised me.

He was right. I hadn't thought about it.

I sighed, "I know. Can't time go faster?" I said.

"It will. You'll see. In the meantime let's go back out there. Your fans need you," he pointed towards the stage.

He was right again.

We went back to the stage and the guys were talking about Nick's fall.

"Hey.. that was all you," Howie said to Nick.

"Brian you good? What happened?" Nick asked me as he saw me coming back.

"Yeah, just a little mix up," I said brushing it off.

"You sure?" asked Aj.

I nodded.

Kevin was right. I needed to be prepared if Anne was with someone else. But if she wasn't then I would have to try hard before anyone could take her.

I would have to make her fall in love with me again.

ANNE'S POV

I think everything was ready for when Nathan came.

My phone binged a text.

NATHAN: I'm coming. What's your address?

Me: I'm sending it to you :)

I took a deep breath. There's only been one guy who has entered my house.

But I haven't invited anyone else after that.