Chapter 17

BRIAN'S POV

"Nick please. Stop grabbing Aj's hair," Kevin turned to Nick. Nick giggled like a little kid.

We were getting ready to record a message for our fans. "How does my hair look?" I asked the guys.

Howie examined my hair for awhile, "It looks alright. Relax."

I looked at myself in the mirror trying to get those little hairs down. "NICK! STOP!" Aj slapped Nick on his hand.

Nick began to crackle, "I'm sorry it's fun. I can't help it." Kevin gave Nick a stern look, "Nick please relax. Get serious."

Nick grabbed his stomach as he laughed his last laugh, "Alright Alright."

Soon our stylist came into our makeup room and began to fix small details.

"So why are we having this recording  anyways?" Nick asked as he was getting his hair fixed.

Then as soon as the stylist left Kevin said, "Remember we need to, you need to talk to our fans...about Brian going away for awhile."

There was silence. "You did manage to come up with something, right?"

Nick look at all of us, "Maybe?"

Kevin threw his hand up, "Aww Nick you said you would handle it, remember?" Nick thought and then nodded.

"Ok well we will have to make something up on the spot. We don't have much time," Aj explained.

Our message would be recorded from the stage. The stage was already set, but we were waiting for the signal.

"Brian, whatever you think is right to say about Anne don't say it. We don't need any drama right now," Kevin said in a low tone.

I gave him a thumbs up, "Yes sir."

"Backstreet Boys get on the stage now," said a crew member.

As we headed out we smoothed out our suits and took our seats on the stage.

Kevin shook his head and stopped us, "No no. Nick you sit first. Then Howie, next Aj, now me and Brian you sit here next to me."

Nick scoffed, "Why are you arranging our seats for?"

"Because you and Brian can't be together. You'll make each other laugh and then he might say what we don't want him to say," Kevin scolded Nick.

Nick gave him a 'fine' look.

Kevin signaled for us to sit down.

Soon the lights were being shone on us and I began to feel hot. The cameraman pointed the camera towards us.

We were then signaled that we were recording.

" Hi we're the Backstreet Boys," we all said simultaneously.

"And we are here for a special message for you fans out there," Kevin said pointing at the camera.

Kevin slightly nudged Aj, "We want you to know that our tour will still be resuming. There has been rumors going on that we are ending it, but that isn't the case."

I could feel the tension.

"Right thanks Aj. If you've heard our Brian will be going away for awhile. He won't be with us on the last part of the tour," Howie managed to say.

"That's right. Brian is going away for awhile to see An..I mean to find his next song writing inspiration," Nick stumbled on his words.

Kevin leaned forward looking at Nick and what he just said. He then tapped my foot with his, "That's right. I will do some soul searching. But don't worry I will be here for the last week of the tour."

And before I knew it we were heading back to our rooms. "How could you be so careless Nick?" Kevin tugged at his tie.

"What? Kevin I didn't know what to say. I'm sorry I had forgotten what to say," Nick raised his tone.

Kevin sat on the couch, " Now the fans will be asking why you said 'An'?"

Aj widen his eyes and stepped out the door.

"Maybe they won't notice," Nick said.

"Let's hope not," I said crossing my arms.

MADELINE'S POV

"Where are you going?" I yelled at Anne.

"TO THE BATHROOM!" She yelled back at me.

Jeez, you don't have to be so dramatic...

I laid my feet on the coffee table and turned on the tv. I scanned the channels finding out what good shows were on.

"Here is a special message from the Backstreet Boys," said the ugly news lady.

I gasped loudly and fixed my body to the edge of the couch.

My favorite boy band that I was getting into was on tv!

I could feel my eyes turning into heart emojis.

I put up the volume so I could hear their angelic voices. My favorite was Kevin, he looked so handsome.

"Hi we're the Backstreet Boys," they said.

I heard their special message about Brian going away. Was he doing a solo album?

Kevin kept looking over at Nick as if he was getting him in trouble.

I kept gushing over Kevin and his suit.

My baby looked so good! I could feel my drool coming out of my mouth.

Then it ended and I was sad. I laid my body back on the couch and changed the channel.

I couldn't find anything so I turned it off.

As I waited for Anne to come back I kept thinking about them. I kept fangirling and I felt happy.

Soon I would see them. For Anne's birthday I would surprise her to Backstreet Boys tickets. That was my surprise to her.

I just hope she likes them too.