Chapter 84

Brysen turns 4

BRIAN'S POV

"What time are we cutting the cake?" Kevin asked me.

I looked at my watch, "Almost." I haven't taken my watch off since Annie gave it to me for Christmas last year. I always had it on me.

"You never take that off, do you?" Kevin noticed my watch.

I shook my head, "Nope, never."

Kevin chuckled, "I can tell. Don't forget we start tour next week."

"I know, thanks for reminding me," I didn't want to be reminded. Maybe Annie might want to come along?

"What's that tone? Is it because of Annie?" Kevin asked me.

I crossed my arms, "Mhm. I don't want her to be alone especially with our son."

"Then bring her and Brysen along. We wouldn't mind the company," Kevin put a hand inside his pocket.

I sighed, "If she does come, we will double the security. I don't want anything to happen to her."

"We will do whatever it takes to protect her and Brysen. Don't worry," he reassured me.

"Thanks Kevin for understanding," I nudged him.

As I looked across the lawn I saw Madeline next to Annie. Annie was carrying Brysen's cake.

I told Kevin I was going to help her. "Babe, want me to help you with that?" I asked Annie.

She handed over the cake, "sure, here." I grabbed the cake from under the box and took it to the table.

I put the cake in the middle of the long table. I looked back and everyone was coming to the table.

Today Brysen was turning four and we wanted to do something special for him. It's not everyday you turn four.

"Are we all here?" Annie asked looking around. Everyone we knew was here; the guys, Annie's dad, Madeline and some other friends.

"Yup," Nick gave a thumbs up.

"Alrighty. Let's sing to Brysen then," I said.

We sang happy birthday to Brysen with our best acapella voice. Annie softly hit my arm noticing that we were showing off.

"Happy Birthday Brysen!" we all said before cutting the cake.

Annie held Brysen in her arms while I cut her a piece. "Do you want some?" I asked Brysen.

"yes daddy," he smiled with his eyes.

I cut a big piece for him and Annie. "Here you go," I said to both. Before leaving with the guys I gave Annie and Brysen a kiss on their heads.

ANNIE'S POV

"He's getting big," Madeline said stuffing her face.

I sat Brysen on my lap, "He is, too big." I looked at Brysen who was sucking on a teething toy.

"Annie, I'm happy for you. I'm glad you and Brian are together. You guys are meant for each other," she said sincerely.