Chapter 44

BRIAN'S POV

I had to ask her if I could move in with her. I couldn't bear to be far away from her. I felt like I would lose her if I did. That maybe Nathan might come back and steal her away from me.

"So what do you say Annie?" I asked her once more.

"R-really? Brian..what if this is going too fast? I.." she said. I put my hand gently over her lips, "yes. It's not moving too fast. And if it is, that's okay. We'll make it work."

She threw her hands around me, "Yes! Brian, I would love for you to move in." She kissed me and I was the happiest guy on earth.

I got my things and said bye to the guys. "You better call or invite us over!" yelled Nick.

And with that they were gone. They took Madeline to her home so she wouldn't have to walk.

Annie looked for her keys and finally found them. I picked up our bags and I went inside. Her home was beautiful. Across the entrance was the kitchen. The floor was wood and there was stairs.

She told me where her room was, but I was too focused what was upstairs. "Brian?" Annie looked at me. I laughed, "Sorry I just like your house."

Her room was a few steps away from the entrance and the wall that was shared was with the living room. She went inside her room and I followed her.

I put our bags down and focused my attention on her room. It was kinda of big and I noticed she had a piano. But not a real one, a keyboard.

Her bed was pretty big and..her room felt like a room. It felt normal and not like a hotel room.

I sat down on her bed, "So..this is where you sleep?" She laughed, "Stop. But yes. And you will sleep on the couch." I knew she was joking.

I looked at her bookshelf and noticed something behind her math books. I got up and picked them up. Behind them was her collection of the Backstreet Boys.

But what stood out was her 'Never Gone' album. It still had the message I had written for her 'For my beautiful Anne for when I'm not around 🖤.'

I smiled to myself, "You really kept this the whole time?" I showed her the album. She nodded, " Of course. Even when we weren't together I kept it."

My heart felt warm. I remember I told her I wanted her to be the first one to have the album. I put the album back where it was. The book I put it somewhere where it wasn't going to hide the collection from view.

"What are you doing?" Annie asked me.  "I'm making sure you don't hide me," I said.

Annie took me on a house tour. The kitchen was small. There was a backyard out back. When we went upstairs there was a bathroom and 3 rooms.

She said the third room was for a guest..

"And why can't I sleep here?" I asked looking around the room. She looked at me, "Because you aren't sleeping here."

"But I'm a guest, aren't I?" I pointed at myself.

She showed me where the bathroom was and then went back downstairs. "Well that's it. Nothing big," she said.

We went back to her room and began unpacking. "Where should I put my things?" I asked.

She thought for a minute, "I'll make room in my wardrobe or you can just leave them there until we figure it out."

After she said that I felt like a married couple. She said it felt too fast, but at least she was with me now.

I went over to her and hugged her. "Annie I'm happy we are together. Everyday I missed you and you never escaped my mind," I said softly.

"Me too Brian. I don't want us to fight or anything. Don't get scared, but I." She stopped.

"You what?" I asked. "I-I love you." Those words I knew she was made for me. And I was made for her. I touched her face, "I love you too Annie. I love hearing you say that."

I know we have said to each other ever since we got back, but I don't think I'd get tired of hearing it. I would rather her say it to me a lot of times than say that she doesn't want to see me.

I gave her a kiss and I began making myself at home. My new home with the love of my life.

Annie said she was hungry, so we went over to the kitchen. "I have a confession to make," Annie blurted out. "What is it? Oh no, there's no food?" I joked.

She laughed, "No..I..I can't cook.." "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

She sighed, "Brian..I don't know how.." I rubbed her hand, "I'll teach you. Well we will teach each other. I kinda of know how."

She smiled, "Really? In the meantime..you want to order out?"

"I'm okay with that as long as we both agree," I said. We both ended up agreeing on burgers. Maybe we were craving it.

We ate in the living room while we watched a movie. Annie wiped her mouth, "This is nice, isn't it? Just you and me."

"It is," I smiled at her.

After eating and finishing the movie we went to Annie's room. "Where should I sleep?" I asked.

"Brian we aren't going to sleep yet. Plus I'm kind of full," she said.

I put the bag down by her bookshelf, "I know, but should I sleep here?"

It was silent for a moment, "I don't think we should sleep together, Brian. I know I said you could sleep on my bed, but.." I made a confused face, "Why not? What is there to be scared of?"

She sat on the edge of the bed, "Brian what if we..you know..do something.."

I knew what she meant, "Do what?" I sat next to her.

She sighed, "You know exactly what. I know I said I'd wait, but now I don't know..."

"Annie we don't have to rush into it. Right now let's just enjoy each other's company, ok?" I gently touched her face.

"Ok Brian. You're right," she admitted.