Chapter 77

Christmas Day

How was Christmas already here? This month went by too quickly. I stared at the ceiling as Brian snored softly next to me.

I turned on my side and watched him sleep. He was too adorable as I kept watching him.

I wanted to give him a small kiss, but I didn't want to wake him up. Instead I smiled to myself knowing how much he loved me.

Minutes later Brian began to open his eyes.

"Good morning," he said with his morning voice.

"Good morning," I said back.

He let out a sleepy sigh, "what's wrong babe?"

"Nothing. I'm just watching you sleep. You're too cute," I scooted closer.

"How long have you watched me sleep?" Brian said as he closed his eyes again.

"Mm.. I'm not sure," I softly laughed.

I leaned in and kissed him. His lips soon began to kiss me back.

"Merry Christmas," I said in between our kiss.

He gave me his last kiss and said, "Merry Christmas Annie."

"I'm excited for today, aren't you?" I said laying my head on the pillow.

He nodded, "I am. I'm liking it already with your morning kiss."

I gently put his hairs away from his face, "I'm glad you do."

I kept watching him a few more minutes as he slept.

Then he opened his eyes and said, "Wouldn't it be nice if we could do this every morning?"

"What do you mean?"

I waited for his answer, but he was fast asleep.

After getting up and getting dressed I went to the kitchen. I saw my dad and Mia sitting at the table.

"Merry Christmas!" they said at the same time.

I sat at the table and my dad brought my some orange juice and pancakes.

"You made these?" I asked.

"No, your sister did," he motioned to Mia.

"Oh," was all I said.

"Where's Brian?" Mia asked as she ate her breakfast.

"He's still sleeping," I replayed our morning kiss in my mind.

We had a family breakfast just the three of us because Brian slept in. I had missed him at breakfast.

As I got up to put my dishes away I heard footsteps behind me. "You ate without me?" Brian said to me.

I put the dish in the sink, "You were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you."