Chapter 18

"TO THE BATHROOM!" I yelled at Madeline so she would hear me.

I went to the bathroom upstairs. I didn't really need to go. I just needed to escape for awhile.

I closed the door behind me and locked it just in case. I sat on the edge of the bathtub and checked my phone.

No new message from Niall.

I scrolled through our messages and smiled at them.

Why am I smiling at the messages?

Was I really into Niall or was I forcing it?

I sighed at my mixed feelings.

Bing!

A notification popped up on my screen. It was from the Backstreet Boys account. I followed them, but from my fan account and not my personal.

New tweet from The Backstreet Boys.

I opened the notification only to find a new video from them. I immediately liked it. I tapped the video and lowered the volume a little.

I looked at the guys, but Brian stood out to me. He looked pretty good. My stomach felt weird.

They had a special announcement to make. Apparently Brian was leaving for awhile.

"Hey you almost done in there?" Madeline's voice sounded muffled.

I almost dropped my phone, "Yeah I'm coming!"

As I went back to Madeline she seemed as if she was high. "Are you ok?" I raised my eyebrows.

She giggled, "Yes. Finally you came out. I thought you fell asleep in there or something."

I sat next to her, "No..I just had to go to the bathroom."

I noticed she seemed a little out of it, "Are you sure you're ok?"

She nodded, "Yup. I'm good."

One of our phones buzzed, "Is that your phone?" Madeline nudged my arm. I took out my phone and saw Niall had texted me.

"It's Niall," I said putting my phone on my lap.

"Well..what does he want now?" She said as she opened her water bottle.

I looked at it.

Niall 🎸: Are you busy?

Madeline then grabbed my phone out of my hands, "Are you busy?" She read in what was supposed to be Niall's voice.

"Give that back," I reached for it, but Madeline was holding it high.

"Not unless you admit you like him," she pointed at me.

"I don't know. I have mixed feelings," I explained.

She scoffed, "don't lie to me. I know you do." She wiggled the phone in the air.

I did a small grunt, " Ok fine. Maybe a little. Happy?"

"I am now," she lowered her arm and handed me back my phone.

I opened my message and texted him back.

Me: Not at all. Why?

"If he's coming over I'm leaving you two love birds alone," she poked my cheek.

I swatted her hand away, "You don't have to leave. Stay."

"No. Actually I'll be leaving now," Madeline said as she stretched.  She began to gather her things.

I didn't want her to leave, but a small part of me did want her to leave.

She poked my nose, "Well I'll see you later! Tell me what happens!"

She let herself out while I was still sitting on the couch.

Niall 🎸: Can I come over?

Me: YES. Madeline just left.

Niall 🎸: ok see you in a bit!

I got up and began to make my face prettier.

Why was I worried about how I looked?

NIALL'S POV

Since I felt that I liked Annie I wanted to tell her the truth.

Now that I realized she too was in the spotlight once upon a time.

I needed to talk to her about who I was and that I knew her secret too.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I remembered singing on stage and walking Ana to her piano class.

I liked both memories.

Then I remembered Ana's lips on mine and that it felt right to me. Maybe I did want us to date, but first I needed to confess the truth.

I knew eventually I was going to get discovered.

I went over to my bed and sat down. I reached for my phone and texted Annika.

Me: Are you busy?

I waited until she texted back, but she didn't text me back right away.

Instead I went to take a shower. I stood under the warm water with flashbacks of Ana.

I stayed there until I couldn't be there anymore. I dried myself off and put on my best clothes I had.

I checked my phone and Annika had texted back.

Ana 💓: Not at all? Why?

Me: Can I come over?

Ana 💓: YES. Madeline just left.

Me: ok see you in a bit!

This was the time to tell her everything. I was preparing myself in what to say and how to say it.

Anne I want to say that.. no that's not right, I thought.

Annie is there something you're not telling me? No, that's not right either.

I couldn't think of what else to say.

Ok as I make my way to her house I'll think of something, I thought to myself.

I grabbed everything I needed and headed toward her house. I should start to drive..

I waited for the bus because I didn't feel like walking today. As the bus came I found the first seat in the front.

It didn't take that long to get to her house. I was dropped off a few houses down.

I got off and began to walk. I was ready to tell her.

"N-Niall?" a voice said as they passed by me. I stopped in my tracks.

I looked at the person.

Oh no...