Chapter 70

Whatever the hospital gave me was staring to wear off. I could feel my right arm being in pain, but it was bearable. I tried to open my eyes, but they felt heavy. I wanted to see Brian or dad if they were both here.

I started to form the word on my lips, "B-Brian?"

"Annie?"

Finally after struggling to fight the heavy feeling of my eyes, I opened them. "Brian?" He was standing over me with a worried look on his face.

"Annie! Oh, thank goodness you're awake. I was so worried you wouldn't wake up," he sat back down in his chair.

I tried to sit up, but I felt pain. I looked around the room looking for my father, but Brian was the only one here with me. "Your dad's in his car because he said he was going to get rest," Brian said.

I looked at Brian and the empty hole I had felt was gone. "Brian-" I wanted to say more than that, but I couldn't think straight right now.

"Shh, it's ok honey. Don't talk right now. I'm just happy you're safe. I'm sorry Annie for everything," he looked down.

"I know you are. I'm sorry too-" I began to cry the pain I've felt since that day. It felt relieving to let it out.

"Don't cry Annie. I forgive you as long as you just love me. Get some rest ok?"

I nodded trying to blink the tears away. Brian got up and leaned down to kiss my cheek. "I love you Annie." His fingers wiped away the tears.

I smiled knowing Brian has always loved me no matter what. I hurt him too much and realized he truly loved me. He wasn't ever good to leave my side.

"Rest, I'll be back."

Before leaving the room he took one last look at me. I would remember that moment.

BRIAN'S POV

"She's awake if you want to see her," I told her dad through the phone.

"She is? Ok, I'm coming."

Just as I hung up the phone I heard the noisy group. "Where is she?"

I turned around just as they saw me, "Over here!"

"Are you alright? Is Annie alright?" Kevin asked me.

"Keep it down! She's fine because she's awake," why were they so noisy?

"Can we see her? Look I brought her a 'get well' bear," Howie grinned.

"Yes, but don't be long. I'm going to the restroom so don't try anything funny," I warned them.

Nick gave me a 'really?' expression, "Don't worry Brian, she's in good hands."

I went to the bathroom, which I held in because I didn't want to leave Annie's side. I washed my hands and a relieved feeling came over me.

I'm happy I was the first one to see Annie after she had woken up. My words couldn't express how I felt about her. Now more than ever I wasn't going to leave her alone.

ANNE'S POV

The guys came to see me and were acting weird. They weren't being their loud, noisy selves.

"From now we aren't letting you out of our sight," Howie said.

"We are glad you're ok. Brian wanted to see you, but we wouldn't let him. All he thinks about is you and-"

Kevin hit Nick's arm, "Nick. Let the girl rest for Christ sake."

Where did Brian go? Did he go get my dad?

"Come on, let's leave Annie to rest," Aj began to push the guys out.

"Oh, wait. Here Annie I got you, I mean we got you this teddy bear," Howie put the bear on the table.

"Thank you," I said as they began to walk out of the room.

Moments later the doctor came in. "How are we doing?" He looked at his clipboard thingy and then at me.

"I feel pain in my right arm," I said.

He wrote down something, "That's normal because the crash was pretty intense. It might be fractured so we'll do some x-rays later."

Fractured? That was my dominant arm. How would I get by in my daily life?

"Your signs seem good so you might be able to go home tomorrow. For today stay here so we can monitor you."

"Ok, thank you."

The doctor was gone and Brian came in. "What happened?"

"My right arm might be fractured and I have to stay here tonight," I explained.

"I'll stay here with you baby. Don't worry I'm gonna take care of you."

Brian sat down and my heart was acting up again. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I liked it.

My eyes began getting heavy and fell asleep as I felt Brian watching me.

••••

I felt my mouth super dry after I woke up. I looked to the window and it was really dark outside.

I wonder what time it was..

Then I saw Brian curled up into a ball on the small seat across from my bed. Maybe he offered to my dad to stay here with me because I didn't see my dad.

"Brian.." I whispered. He didn't hear me, but I could hear his soft snoring.

"Brian," I tried a bit louder. Wow, he was really asleep. My heart warmed just watching him sleep.

I saw the bear and thought to throw it at him. As I tried to sit up putting pressure on my right arm, I let out a whine.

"Annie? What's wrong? Are you in pain?" He immediately got up and came to my side.

"I'm thirsty, but you couldn't hear me as I called you."

"I'm sorry Annie. I must have fallen asleep making sure you wouldn't be in pain," he rubbed his eye.

"I'm just thirsty," I pouted.

"I'll get you some water."

Moments later Brian came back with a small white cup. He leaned into me and put my left arm around his neck. Then his hands went behind my back and he lifted me up so I could sit. "Am I hurting you?"

"No, thank you."

He grabbed the small white cup and put it on my lips. I drank the water that made my thirst subside. It tasted really good and I finished all of it.

Brian laughed, "wow you were thirsty."

"I told you. Thank you Brian for..staying here with me.."

He put the cup on the table, "Of course. I wouldn't leave you. I won't leave you again Annie. I've learned my lesson in bringing you with me wherever I go."

I enjoyed our moment we were having. This is what we needed, to communicate and say what we really felt.

As dawn came, Brian sang me backstreet boy songs I had requested.