Chapter 71

BRIAN'S POV

"Does it hurt?" I looked at Annie's arm that was already casted. I felt sad that Annie had to have a cast for her arm since the doctor said it was fractured.

"No, but it feels strange," she looked at her arm and then at me.

"If it hurts just tell me and I'll give you your pain pills."

She nodded, "I will."

I made her dad sit with her in the back while I drove. This wasn't going to happen again.

As I drove back home, I focused on the road. From time to time I would look in my mirror to see Annie or ask her if she was alright.

I drove with caution so I wouldn't be distracted nor would Annie get hurt from the road bumps. It felt long getting home, but we finally got there.

I parked the car and quickly got out to help out Annie. "I got you," I said as I held onto her.

I led her into the house and put our things down. "Did you get my pills?" She asked me looking around.

"I did. I'll put them in the kitchen," I got the pills and put them on the counter.

I headed back to the entrance and spotted Annie going to her room. Where had her dad gone to? Now thinking about it, me and her dad being here would be somewhat awkward. Although it was an advantage to her, but it would still be weird.

"Brian," her dad called me. I followed his voice and he was near the entrance.

"What is it?"

He put a hand in his pocket, "If you hurt Annie I'll hurt you. Got it?"

"Yes sir".

"Good. Thanks for bringing her home. Are you staying or will you be leaving?" Uh-oh..he didn't know, did he?

"Um well you see.." Before I could explain Annie called me.

"Excuse me," I went to Annie's room.

"Are you alright?"

She sighed, "Brian..my dad doesn't know you live with me now. I should tell him."

"I was just going to tell him. I should tell him because I don't want him to pity only because of your arm," I explained.

"Oh..are you sure?"

I nodded, "Yes beautiful. Don't worry."

I got closer to her and put a hand on cheek. Finally my lips met hers, which I had dreamed of. It was better than our first kiss.

I kissed the top of her head and went to tell her dad. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Just maybe.

ANNE'S POV

I waited in my room since Brian decided to tell my father he lived here too. The waiting was anticipating me and I wanted to see what was going on.

I sighed and sat there until Brian came into the room. "What happened? What did he say?"

He stood in front of me, "I told him and he didn't think much of it. He said it was great that I'm with you here. He saw it as independence."

Maybe I was expecting that, but it felt shocking to me.

"He did?"

Brian nodded, "Yeah, he was pretty cool about it. He only gave me one rule."

"What rule?"

"Not to touch you that way," he smirked a bit.

I felt my cheeks blush, "He's just kidding." I laughed nervously and knew he wasn't kidding at all.

When night came I was ready to sleep in my bed. Although it would be uncomfortable trying to find a sleeping position.

I was going to get ready for bed when Brian followed me to the bathroom. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to help you brush your teeth."

My eyes widen, "It's ok, you don't have to. You can squeeze the toothpaste."

"Annie..I'll help. I'm here now."

Brian got my toothpaste and squeezed it out onto the toothbrush. "Here," he put the brush in my left hand.

"Look away," I didn't want him to see me being ugly and disgusting.

"Fine, but tell me when you're done so I can help you rinse," he walked over to a corner and turned around.

I brushed my teeth and watched him to see if he wouldn't turn around. He didn't and in a way I was relieved. It was also kind of cute.

I spit out the toothpaste, "I need to rinse.."

"I'm coming."

He got a cup and filled it with water. "Don't look," I warned him. He filled my cup without looking until I was finished.

We walked back downstairs and I said goodnight to my dad. He said he was going to sleep upstairs and gave Brian a warning look.

After me and Brian were both in the room he closed the door. I noticed I hadn't put on my pajamas.

"Oh no," I thought out loud.

Brian looked at me, "what's wrong?"

I looked down at my clothes, but he wasn't getting the message. "What?"

I felt my cheeks getting hot, "my..pajamas.."

Brian scanned my clothes and finally knew what I meant. "Oh, that.." His cheeks were turning a shade of pink I haven't seen before.

I gulped, "It's ok, I can do it."

"No," he quickly said.

I watched as he frantically began to look for my pajamas in my drawers. "What are you doing Brian?" I asked as I watched him.

"I'm looking for your pajamas...unless you want your dad to help," he turned around and smirked. He knew what he was doing.

"No! I mean, no. I'd rather you help me change."

He turned back around and after searching for a few seconds found my pajamas. "Are these ok?" He extended them showing them to me.

I nodded, "Those are good."

Brian got up from the floor and began to help me take off my blouse. I held onto the edge and pulled it down father so he wouldn't take if off.

"What is it now Annie?"

"I just..it's just that-"

"Annie..I know I've never seen you..bare, but in the future when I'm your husband I will. Don't be shy. It's ok," he smiled.

"I know, but I feel insecure..."

"Well, you shouldn't feel like that because you're beautiful to me."

I trusted his words and let him change me into my pajamas.