Chapter 75

Christmas Eve

BRIAN'S POV

The tree was staring to fill up with presents. It was finally starting to look like a Christmas tree.

The gift that I had wrapped for Annie was under the tree. "Merry Christmas Eve!" it was Annie's dad.

"Merry Christmas Eve," I said back.

"Is this your first holiday with Annie?" he asked me.

I made my way to the sofa, "It is. Why?"

He sat next to me, "Because she looks happy. Whenever you're around she has a big smile on her face. You make her really happy."

"So I've been told that," a part of me wanted to ask him if I was the right one for her.

"It's true. I like you because you love her and she loves you," he smiled.

I cleared my throat, "Do-Do you think that I am the one for her?"

"What do you mean?"

I felt my words stumbling, "You know..Do you think she'll ever marry me?"

Annie's dad let out a small chuckle, "Son, I know I haven't been around here that long, but I envy what you and Annie have. True love. She will, trust me."

My heart was comforted by her dad's words. What other person better to ask than her own father?

"Thank you. I'm sure she loves you too," I joked.

After that small talk we had I felt at ease the rest of the day. Annie had gone with Madeline to pick up last minute food products, so I was here with her dad.

I could use some father in law time. I went online and did a quick tweet.

@brian_littrell Merry Christmas Eve! What's your favorite #inaworldlikethis track?

Later I would come back and check what they said.

I offered Annie's dad to help out make his famous green bean casserole.

"Ohh no we need a can of mushroom. We have to wait until Annie gets back," he said.

"Let's start on another dish," I said. And that was exactly what we did.

ANNIE'S POV

"What did you get Brian?" Madeline asked me looking down at the grocery list.

"You just have to wait until tomorrow."

Madeline grunted, "Fine. We just need that can of mushroom and corn."

I nodded following her further into the grocery store.

I was a bit worried that Brian was alone with my dad. He might start pestering Brian with all sorts of questions.

I breathed in and out trying to not think about that.

"oh! here it is, "Madeline interrupted my thoughts.

She had found the can of mushroom that we needed.

As we began to look for the corn someone called me.

"You're Annie, aren't you?"

BRIAN'S POV

"Ok, let's just wait until they get back. In the meantime should we put on some Christmas music?" Annie's dad offered.

"Sure, I love Christmas music."

I thought her dad wouldn't like me, but I was wrong. He was completely opposite of what I had expected.

"You know..I thought you would hate me," I randomly said.

"Me? Hate you? I mean if you break her heart, yes, but you love her. I think that's what matters. Don't you?"

"I'm sorry, it's just your her dad and all. That's it," I said softly.

"I could never hate the guy my daughter loves."

I smiled at his answer as the background Christmas music played.

"You know I hope happiness for you and Annie. Will you ever ask her?" he lowered the music.

"Ask her what?" I gulped.

"To be you wife. Will you ask her?" his eyes intimated me.

"um..well.."before I could answer Annie and Madeline were coming through the door.

We both got up and helped put in the groceries into the kitchen. I closed the door after everything was brought in.

"We got everything, but the line was long," Madeline huffed.

"Are you gals alright?" Annie's dad asked.

Annie nodded, "We're alright, just waiting in line was tiring."

I went over and hugged Annie. I gave her a kiss on the top of her head. Annie signaled to me to follow her into our bedroom.

"Did my dad bother you with questions?" Annie asked me.

I ruffled my hair nervously, "No, instead I did."

"What did you ask him?"

"You know..just questions," I said.

"Just questions?" she raised an eyebrow.

I nodded, "Yes, don't worry he didn't make me feel uncomfortable."

Annie went towards me and wrapped her arms around me, "I just don't want him to scare you off."

"He won't scare me and even if he does I'm not going anywhere," I hugged her tighter.

"Guess what happened at the grocery store?" Annie put her head on my chest.

"What happened? You missed me?" I smirked.

"Well..yes, but one of your fans noticed me," she hugged me tighter.

"Oh? What do you mean?"

She looked up at me," Well she said if I was Annie and I said yes. Then she asked me if I was your girlfriend."

"And what did you say?"

"I told her it was me and she asked me for a picture," I could see she wanted to smile.

"You're famous now," I put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's because I'm dating a backstreet boy," she made a serious face at me.

"There's nothing wrong with that. You love me either way," I smiled.

She sighed, "I do."  Those words made my stomach flip.

I leaned into her and kissed her beautiful lips. Annie kissed me softly and her hands ran through my hair.

I loved feeling her lips on mine. I knew she was mine when she would kiss me this way.

She broke our kiss, "I'm glad you're here with me and my dad."

"I'm super glad too."

We went back to the kitchen and began to help out.

"Brian, can you put this in the oven for an hour and a half?" Annie's dad was handing me a dish to prepare.

"Ok I'll put it."

Christmas Eve was busy; we were making food and getting ready for our dinner.

I on the other hand was anxious to ask Annie to be my wife.