Chapter 59

NATHAN'S POV

"Are you scared?" I asked while the harness was being put down around our waist. The worker was asking us to tug on our belts. "No, why should I be? Are you?" I could hear her voice shaky.

"Now that you are here. I'm not," I smiled knowing she was watching me answer.

We waited until the worker gave us the green light to have fun. The ride began to make that thudding noise as it was going up the tracks. "You can hold my hand if you're afraid Ana," I watched her beautiful face.

She turned to me, "Thanks, but I'll be alright."

When we got to the top the ride hesitated to go back down. Seconds later our ride dropped and the wind ran through my hair. I could hear Ana screaming and laughing.

As the ride kept on going I was enjoying the moment. Here I was with Anne in Las Vegas where anything could happen. Maybe she would even be with me and not the other guy.

Anne kept on laughing and I loved hearing her beautiful laughter. It reminded me of when I would walk her to class and she was so shy around me.

I didn't want this ride to end, but eventually it did. When we got back on grounds Anne's hair was out of place. I loved it.

"That was fun. Thanks Nathan for joining me," she walked back to her unnecessary bodyguard. Why did her boyfriend even hire that scum for her? I walked behind her noticing he was watching me.

"Anytime," I fixed my hair back to its place.

I didn't want to leave her just yet so I asked her where she was headed off to.

ANNE'S POV

"Wait, where are you going?" Nathan's hand grabbed the tips of my fingers. I remembered when he grabbed my arm in Europe. I pulled my hand back afraid he might do it again.

"I'm not sure, maybe I'll head back?"

"We should go explore some more don't you think so?" He said with a smirk on his face.

I got closer to him, "he won't like that." I said it so only Nathan could hear me and not Mitch.

He title his head, "ditch him." I couldn't possibly do that especially since he was working for Brian, for the Backstreet Boys.

I shook my head, "I can't."

"Why not? Just tell him you'll be with me," he shrugged his shoulders. That sounded intriguing, but poor Mitch might get fired. I didn't want that, but some part of me wanted to be with Nathan.

What was I thinking?

"Mitch is it ok if I be with Nathan? You know like just me and him?" I said slowly scared of what the answer might be.

"Annie..sir Brian wouldn't like that. You know if anything happens to you it'll be on me," He explained. Well he was right, I couldn't put him on the spot.

"See?" I turned back to Nathan. He just shook his head, "it's alright. I'll see you around." I sensed the disappointment in his answer and watched him leave with bitter in his face. I stood there as he looked back at me.

I got back to the hotel later than I expected. My feet were killing me and I was stuffed from the food I ate. Mitch told me he wanted to eat fast food so I respected his wish. Plus I kind of wanted that too.

I laid in the large bed surfing the channels for a show or movie to watch. There wasn't nothing on so I just left it on the news.

A bing sounded on my phone and thought it might be Brian or Madeline, but it was Niall.

Nate: if you're not asleep yet meet where I saw you the other day.

Nathan wanted me to meet him now? It was already going to be 10pm and seemed kind of late. But in Las Vegas the night was always young. What if Brian came back and didn't find me here? Maybe he wouldn't come back until much later..

I grabbed my stuff and opened the door slowly to check if Mitch was there. I didn't see him or anyone outside my room. I wonder where he was or was he asleep in the next room?

I made my way to the casinos and felt a slight chill. The smoke burned my nose and eyes. It was a strong smell every time.

I entered the casino and looked around to see where Nathan was. I didn't find him at first, but then I spotted him in an open bar.

"Hi," I said making him jump.

"You came. Where is your side kick?" He asked looking behind me.

"I'm not sure. He wasn't outside my room."

"Maybe he left or is asleep," he laughed.

"Maybe. Anyways why did you ask me to come here?" my heart beat fast inside my chest.

He patted the stool for me to sit, "Well Anne I want some time with you. Plus I think we need to talk." What could he ever possibly want to tell me?

"T-talk? Talk about what?" I felt myself getting cold.

He sighed, "Why I left and why I came after you when you were with your boyfriend."  Now I felt nervous because what if a different Nathan was here..

"You don't have to..." I nearly whispered.

"No Anne. I have to. First I went to find you because I just can't stop thinking about you. I wanted to tell you my secret, that I'm a famous singer."

"I know you might think of me differently because of the way I grabbed you that day. But that wasn't my intention and I'm sorry. Plus I left that school because I won't have the normal life I wanted," he put his elbow on the table and slightly pulled on his hair.

I didn't know what to say or even think. What did Nathan want me to say? The words that he wanted to hear? I just couldn't do that.

"It-it's ok, you don't have to say anything, but at least forgive me Anne. If you don't then I'll feel guilty forever. I need to know you'll forgive me," his eyes seemed glossy.

The feeling of when I found out he left the campus stung at me.