Chapter 20

I haven't talked to Nathan since last week. I'm feeling miserable a day before my birthday. Is this what getting older feels like?

I didn't want to see anyone today. I just wanted to be left alone.

bing!

My phone kept getting notifications from Madeline, but also Nathan.

I didn't want to text him back. I don't think I would ever want to see him again...

That day I waited and waited for Nathan to come to my house. I even fixed my face.

I looked for the prettiest thing my closet had.

I was fixing my hair when he texted me. I ran over to my phone. And my radiant smiling turned upside down.

Nate: I'm sorry something has come up. I won't be going over.

I threw my phone onto my bed and didn't respond back. What could be so urgent he couldn't make it?

He was the one who asked if I was busy...right?

I went back to the mirror and undid my half ready hair.

'He could never like you,' I thought to myself.

I went to the kitchen and made popcorn for myself. I was going to enjoy me time instead. Who needed boys anyways?

I grabbed a bowl and emptied some popcorn into it. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. I put a good movie that I knew would made me forget Nathan.

After the movie was over I finished the popcorn that was still in the bag. As I threw away the bag I realized the trash was full.

I took out the trash before my sister nagged at me.

I went out to the front and headed over to the big black trash bin and put it in there.

Just as I was heading inside I heard giggles. I turned around to see who was there.

That's when I saw... Nathan?

I squinted and it was him. He was with a blonde girl. That's why he couldn't come..

My heart sank as I saw how close he was to her. I could hear him laughing after she said something.

I didn't want to see this anymore so I headed inside. I didn't cry because I couldn't, but it did feel like betrayal.

bing!
bing!
bing!

Ugh couldn't he leave me alone?

Nate: Why aren't you answering my texts?

Nate: Is everything ok? Did I do something wrong?

Nate:  JUST SAY SOMETHING SO I KNOW YOU'RE OK!

I opened the messages and my fingers lingered there. I typed a word and deleted it.

Then I turned off my phone and threw it back on the couch. I sighed knowing my chance with Nathan was out the window.  

Why was I so upset about Nathan being with another girl? I felt like an obsessed psycho girlfriend..

We weren't even dating and I felt a bit jealous...