I'm Scared (ii) [f]

"Surprise?"

Piper blinked, slowly coming to terms with the life changing news.
"Oh my god" she whispered, covering her mouth with her hand, "how long have you- when did you- what?"

Riley laughed lightly at Piper's bewilderment, "I'm about 5 weeks along... probably. I haven't had an actual scan yet but that's my best guess"

Subconsciously she lay a hand on her flat stomach and James couldn't help but crack a smile at the action. He lay his own hand above hers and turned to his sister who was still stuck in the doorway.

"You ready to be an aunt Pipes?" He asked her, motioning for her to come closer.
Piper closed the door behind her and sat on the bed next to the couple, "I can't- I can't believe this" she said, "this is so exciting, but so quick. How do you guys feel about it?"

James looked at Riley and took her hand in his, "admittedly it was unexpected but I know we've got this, right Ri?"
Riley nodded, "I'm terrified... but also happy? I don't know how I feel to be honest"

Piper nodded understandingly and grinned widely. Suddenly overcome with happiness, she started bombarding them with questions much to their amusement. "When did you find out? Who else knows? Are you going to get married? Do you have any baby names picked out?"

James chuckled "right I'll try answer those in order. We found out just over 2 weeks ago, only mum knows, no we're not planning on getting married and no baby names picked out yet"

"When are you going to tell everyone?" Piper asked, "and oh, Riley what are you doing about dance? The new season starts soon, you won't be able to be on A Troupe this year"

Riley frowned, reminded of the only reason she was upset about this unplanned pregnancy. "Mmm" she hummed, looking down at her belly. "I plan to meet with Miss Kate next week to discuss it"

A stray tear accidentally rolled down Riley's cheek and she quickly wiped it away. Her life had always revolved around dance and to suddenly not have it would be awful.

James saw this reaction and squeezed her hand reassuringly.
"I'll be leaving A Troupe too" he announced his plan for the first time.
"What? No, no don't leave because of me" Riley shook her head furiously.

"Ri, I want to be with you and A Troupe is too big of a commitment to balance, you know that. Besides, I've already done my time with the team at Regionals, Nationals and Internationals. My future is with you now, not the team"

Wiping the tears that were streaming down her face, Riley threw her arms around his neck.
"Thank you" she cried, "I love you"
"I love you too" James whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair. Then he looked over at his little sister and saw her dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.

"Maybe you could audition for A Troupe this year Pipes?" He suggested.
"Me? Wha- no I'm not ready for that" Piper shook her head nervously.
James shrugged with his arms still wrapped around Riley, "sure you are"

Nodding with growing confidence, Piper stood up "yeah, maybe I will audition this year. What have I got to lose?"
James smirked proudly as his sister left the room, her head spinning with ideas about the future.

~

Later that week, Riley pulled James aside.
"I know we agreed not to tell anyone else until my first scan, but I want to tell my family" she said nervously, fiddling with a ring on her middle finger.
James shrugged, "it's completely your decision babe. I'll support you with whatever you want to do"

So that same day they drove to Riley's childhood home. She knocked lightly on the door with James stood close behind her. Emily's face lit up into a smile when she opened the door and saw her sister.