Sneaking Around (ii) [f]

The days go by, and I barely talk to anyone. My phone has collected several messages from friends.

The most recent ones being from Riley.
Babe💋: Jai, I can explain. I'm sorry that this has got all confusing
Babe💋: James please answer me. I'm worried. I love you xx
Babe💋: Happy 21st Birthday babe. I love you xx

Then amongst the messages from Riley, I see one from Eldon. I click on his name and read the conversation.

Eldon: hey bro happy birthday! Can you meet in studio A later, say 7 ish? I need some advice about girls and I kinda need to speak to you face to face...

I reply.

Me: sure why not. See you then"

I sigh. I wonder what Riley will do with my present. I know she bought it ages ago as she kept teasing me with it.

Maybe she'll give it to me anyway? Or she might sell it, return it? Or maybe she'll save it for his birthday.

A tap on my bedroom door awakens me from my trance.

"James"

It's Piper.

"What?" I ask rudely.

She opens the door slowly. "Happy birthday" she says softly.

I lighten up and smile faintly, "Thanks Pipes"

"My present is downstairs, come on" she leads me out of my room.

At 7 o'clock, I drive to the studio and walk into studio a to meet Eldon.

When I reach the door, I only here complete silence. Weird.

I open it.

"SURPRISE!"

I jump out of my skin and they all roll around laughing. That's when I see something. Or someone.

Riley. What is she doing here?

"Eldon, bro. What did you invite Riley for?" I hiss.

He looks at me surprised, "I don't organise this James. As much as I'd like the credit, it was all organised by Riley and I think Luke helped out a bit..." he goes back to dancing with Thalia.

Then it clicks. Damn, how could I be so stupid as to think Riley would cheat on me?

I approach her slowly. I notice her apprehension as she awaits my response.

"So... now you know" she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are we good?"

Before she has the chance to say anything else, I slam my lips against hers. We kiss passionately for a few minutes, her hands in my hair and my neck, while I hold her delicate hips, pulling her closer towards me.

We're so close there's barely a gap between us. We quite literally fit together. I know that now.

I'm not whole without her, and she's not whole without me. We complete each other. We can never be apart for long.