Reunion [f]

Riley stood in front of her full length mirror, turning to look at her outfit from every possible angle. She smiled when she saw the reflection of her favourite person creep up behind her and then she felt his muscular arms wrap around her torso.

"You look exceptionally gorgeous today babe" James whispered into her ear, holding her from behind as he looked into the mirror over her shoulder.
Riley blushed and look at his reflected face in the glass, "thanks, I thought I'd make a bit of an effort seeing as we haven't seen some people in years"

James nodded understandingly, "well the effort has payed off, you're beautiful"
Playing with him, Riley faked a gasp "you don't think I'm always beautiful?'"
James chuckled "you're the most beautiful girl in the world" he tore his eyes away from the glass and kissed her temple.

The couple were preparing to leave for an A Troupe reunion that was being held in Studio A. Everyone from the old Regionals, Nationals or Internationals teams had been invited but not everyone was able to go. As far as Riley knew, only Emily, Michelle, Eldon, Thalia, West, Giselle, Stephanie, Cierra, Noah (Richelle as his date), Amanda, Chloe, Max and Hunter could make it.

Having been years since Internationals, most of these dancers had long gone their separate ways. Today was going to be the first time that Riley had seen most of them since.

"Mummy!"

A high pitched, childlike voice came from the next room. James released Riley from his grip and chuckled, "you've been summoned"
"Coming baby" Riley said loudly as she hurried out of the room.

She found her 2 year old daughter, Ava, sitting on her bed. Her light brown hair was messily tied up in two pigtails and her big brown eyes were looking up at Riley with awe as she approached.

"Hi baby girl did you have a good nap?" Riley asked, picking her daughter up and hugging her.
The little girl nodded, "mummy?"
"Yes darling?"
"I'm hungry"

Riley chuckled softly to herself as she carried her toddler into the kitchen and sat her down of the counter. No sooner had they got there, James entered with a quirky grin.
"There's my princess" He said as he scooped her up in his arms and spun her around.
Squealing, Ava giggled "daddyy"

Secretly, Riley was nervous about bringing Ava along to the reunion party because very few of them had ever met her before. Only Emily, Michelle, West, Eldon and Thalia even knew they had a child. However, no one but James knew that she was pregnant with their second child. That was something else she was prepared to announce tonight.

The day went by quickly and soon the three of them were in their car, driving to the Studio. After judging on a talent show in the United Kingdom, Miss Kate had returned to take over The Next Step and was once again Studio Head, meaning that she too, would be present at the reunion.

James pulled up outside the studio and parked. Riley got out and waited as James unbuckled Ava and picked her up.
"Daddy where are we?" Ava asked, hiding her head in James' neck.
"This is where mummy and I used to dance" James said, calming his daughter by rubbing her back. "Would you like to dance? You're old enough to join baby ballet if you'd like princess?"

Ava hesitated and then nodded, taking her head out of his neck and looking around as they were now inside the building. The toddler looked at all the brightly coloured posters and photographs on the walls when she suddenly shouted, "mummy! Daddy!"

They both looked and saw her pointing over James' shoulder to a photograph on the wall. A plaque underneath it read: Internationals 2015 James Tordjman and Riley Raymond Duet

Riley laughed at her daughters cleverness, looking at the nostalgic photograph of their 'flying' duet.
"Yes clever girl!" Riley praised, "that is mummy and daddy dancing"