Sneaking Around (i) [f]

Riley's POV

I'm sat in Java Junction tapping my nails on the wooden table slowly thinking things over.

James' birthday is fast approaching and while I have already bought his present, I'm trying to organise a surprise party for him. So far I've told Luke from James' band because I really needed his help to distract James and I also felt like it would be nice to have a hand organising.

"Hey Riley"

I spin my head to the direction of the sound, "Oh hey Luke" I smile.

"So. How's it going?" He asks while taking a seat opposite me.

"Fine. Where's James?" I ask, cautious of him seeing us together and getting the wrong idea.

"Relax, I told him I'd get us all juices in the break, he's up with Theo and John. There's no reason for him to come down" he reassures me.

"Ok that's good. Now, for the venue, I think it should be studio A. It's big, lots of memories, it's just perfect and to me it's the obvious choice"

"Right" he answered in a somber tone. "Or, it could be at Lost and Found? Small and sweet? A few close friends? The band could play..."

"No" I shut him down. "Studio A"

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever"

"Moving on. Food?"

"Theo's grandma's a caterer, she'll supply us with everything. Just write a list and I'll pass it on"

"Ok" I say, mentally ticking off the box on my imaginary list. "Um, what about guests?"

"Well obviously me and you" he starts.

"Obviously..." I laugh. "The Internationals A Troupe team. A few friends from Lost and Found, Piper, Emily, some school friends and a few plus-ones?" I list, I look at him for a response.

He just nods at me so I assume it ok.

"Ok, since you go to his school, you can be in charge of inviting school friends. Keep it to a few as possible, 5-10 people? You can also ask Lost and Founders and I'll ask A Troupers. Ok?"

"Yep. Sounds great. Look I gotta get back or James will get suspicious. I call you tonight" he says, standing up and collecting his four juices from the bar. Without another word, he hurries our the juice bar and leaves me alone again.

My phone buzzes from my pocket.

Babe🌎💞: Hey how's my favourite Studio Head? We still meeting for lunch in half an hour? Love you xx

Me: Definitely! Looking forward to it. Have a good rehearsal with the band xx

Babe🌎💞: You didn't answer my question😉

I laugh out loud and quickly throw a hand over my mouth. I look around the juice bar and realise that nobody looked up.

Me: She's good. How's my sexy, drummer boyfriend?

Babe🌎💞: I don't know- I'll ask him when I see him😆

Babe🌎💞: Ok I gotta go love. Luke's nagging me to stop texting again. Who says I can't multi-task?😅See you for lunch in 27 mins babe, I'm counting down the minutes until I can kiss you again😉😘

Me: God you're so cringey- good job I already love you❤️

I turn my phone off and shove it in my pocket. Chucking my empty juice in the recycling bin, I head out of the bar and up the stairs to the studio. When I arrive I see that the dancers are already there after our fifteen minute break in rehearsals.