Cramps and Conversations [f]

Riley whimpered and rolled over in bed. She slapped her alarm cloak in attempts to stop it's incessant shrieking and let out a loud groan. Sitting up, she swung her legs over the side of her bed, shuffling her feet around until she found her slippers and stood up.

She entered her bathroom and then trudged downstairs to find her boyfriend sat at their kitchen island scrolling through his phone. He looked up when he heard her footsteps but frowned when he saw her pained expression.

"You alright babe?" He questioned, putting down his phone and opening his arms out for her to walk into his embrace. Riley whimpered, shaking her head as she cuddled up to him. He rubbed circles on her back, "what's wrong Ri?"

Riley pulled away from his arms and placed her hands above her aching womb, giving him a look. James' eyes widened with sudden understanding.
"Oh- oh" he realised, pulling her body back into his embrace. "Can I get you anything? A heating pad, pain killers-"

Riley tilted her head up to look at him, smiling slightly as she tried her luck, "chocolate?"
James chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "You haven't even had breakfast yet baby"

He caught her expression and immediately backtracked, "but of course, if that's what you want". He was about to get up and get some chocolate for her, when she tightened her grip on his body preventing him from moving, "you have to let me go if you want chocolate babe" he chuckled.

Riley shook her head, "I change my mind, I just want cuddles"
James smiled, pulling her onto his lap so she was straddling him. She buried her forehead into the crook of his neck and kept her arms wrapped around his torso.

He stood up and carried her over to the couch where he sat down with Riley still straddling his lap. She snuggled against the warmth of his body, already wishing they were back in bed where she could nap. James ran his fingers through her slightly knotted hair, letting his hand linger on the back of her head.

"JayJay?" Riley mumbled against the skin of his neck, using a nickname she seldom used to address him.
"Yes baby girl?"
"It hurts" she mumbled, stating the obvious.
James sighed over her shoulder, "I know babe, I'm sorry you have to go through this every month"

He shifted his weight slightly and lowered his back against the couch, bringing Riley down with him so she was laying on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her firmly, linking his hands together on the small of her back. Riley shuffled down his body so her head was resting on his chest instead of by his neck.

Across the room, James heard his phone vibrate on the kitchen island but chose to ignore it as Riley closed her eyes. He propped his head on a cushion and was surprised when Riley whispered into his chest.

"JayJay?" She breathed, not opening her eyes.
"I thought you were going to have a nap baby?" He asked her and began to run his hand up and down her spine.
Riley sighed, moving her hands to rest on his chest, under her chin as she looked up at him. "Can we do nothing but cuddle all day?" She asked him innocently.

James smiled, "you're lucky it's a Saturday and I have nothing else to do" he chuckled, "but if I did have plans, I'd cancel them for you anyway"
Riley nodded as a light blush crept over her cheeks. "Are you sure I can't get you anything to eat gorgeous?"

He watched as she thought for a moment, deciding what she fancied. Then she rolled off of his body onto the couch and sat up, "can you make me a fruit salad? I'll love you forever if you do"
Chuckling, James got to his feet and pressed a kiss to her temple, "you already love me forever"

A few minutes later he returned to her side with a large fruit salad and two forks. He located the TV remote and switched on the flat screen before tugging a blanket over their bodies. Riley snuggled into his side as he looped an arm around her shoulders.