Dead

This one has bad words! Just a heads up.

Nico Di Angelo died on December 26, 2018. Only close relatives and friends attended his funeral at Camp Half-Blood. Many tears were shed. But no one was more distraught than Will Solace. His beloved boyfriend was laying in a coffin in front of him. 

They started the ceremony. Everybody spoke about Nico and his braveries. The sun was shining. It felt as though it was mocking the funeral. No sky should be happy at a funeral. When the funeral ended, Will stood next to Percy. 

"He was a good kid," Percy whispered. Was. Past tense. No more. Gone. Happened already. Nico was here. He's not here anymore. 

"Can I have a moment alone with him?" Will asked. Percy pulled him into a quick hug and left to join the rest of the weeping demigods. Will walked to Nico's polished wood coffin. He leaned over it and put his mouth close to the wood. 

"I know you're not dead." Will waited for an answer. Please, he begged, please. 

"Yeah, no shit," Nico's voice was muffled through the wood. Will let loose an uncontrolled grin. He heard a bang from the coffin and then a curse. He laughed louder. Will started drawing the attention of the crowd. Percy jogged over with Jason behind him.

"Why are you lau-?" The coffin shook. 

"Oh my gods Nico is alive," Jason said. He and Percy opened the coffin against the complaints and shrieks. Nico sat up. Dusty and sweaty but alive. Nico turned to Jason and Percy.

"Your turn," he said. They looked at him confused. 

"Wait. Was this part of the prank war?" Leo asked. Ah, yes. The prank war. Nico continued smiling but his smile said it all. 

"Nico Di Angelo you are an absolute butt!" Percy yelled. Nico laughed rolling out of the coffin. Will was only thankful he was alive.