Heartless

Warnings: Alcohol 

Nico and Will were fighting. Again. 

"You go out late at night and don't return until the next day! What are you doing? Your clothes smell like alcohol," Nico stated. Will stood across from him. Bags clouded his eyes and he appeared drained. Will looked at the floor guiltily.

"I don't want to wake up to an empty bed. I want my fiancé next to me," Nico pleaded. It had gone like this day after day. Will would leave Nico to a cold bed and come home reeking of alcohol. Nico knew what was happening. He wasn't stupid. He could see Will was becoming an alcoholic.

"Nico, I'll try okay?" Will said. He pulled Nico into a hug and Nico savored the moment. It had been weeks since Will hugged him. That night was better. Will stayed in the house that night but was up all night pacing in the kitchen. When Nico awoke Will was sitting on the edge of the bed reading a book.

"Good morning, sunshine," Nico mumbled. Will peeked his lips and smiled. Nico missed this. Waking up to see Will reading and a goofy smile on his face. 

"I miss you," Nico voiced his thoughts. Will hummed and flipped a page.

"I'm not going anywhere." And he didn't until six weeks passed. Nico woke in the middle of the night and reached for Will but he wasn't there. Nico panicked and ran through the house looking for his fiancé. Will wasn't here. Nico laid back in bed and stayed up all night. Around 3 am the front door opened. 

"Will?" Nico asked. Will stumbled into the bedroom bringing the smell of smoke and alcohol with him. He clumsily took off his shirt and flopped onto the bed.

"Will?" Nico asked again. He was hurt and confused and drained. What happened to his sweet boyfriend?

"Not know, Brandon," Will mumbled. Nico froze. 

"Who's Brandon?" Nico's voice was shaky as he tried to hold back tears. Will looked up and seeing Nico his eyes widened. 

"Nico, Nico it's not what it sounds like," Will said carefully. He went to grab Nico but the boy stumbled away. 

"Out," he whispered. Will's eyes widened more.

"Out, out, out! You don't care! You never did. God, I was so stupid to think you actually care. Now your cheating with a guy named Brandon!?" Nico was yelling. Will started yelling back. 

"Well, at least he pays attention to me!" Nico walked to the door and motioned for Will to leave. Will stayed standing in the room. 

"I can't give attention because you're never here," Nico growled. He wanted to cry and scream and hurt Will so badly. 

"J-just leave the apartment." Will started crying and then Nico.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," Will begged. He crumbled to the floor. Nico had to look away to prevent himself from running to comfort Will. 

"You're drunk," Nico stated. Will had fallen asleep on the floor. Nico covered Will with a blanket and returned to the bed. He cried himself to sleep. He missed Will. 

-Monday-

"I hate you," Will slurred. Nico didn't care. He forced Will onto the couch.

"Go to bed," he instructed. Will obeyed and fell asleep. Nico sat at the counter and watched his fiancé. Could Will even be called that? Nico was stilled pissed about last night and Will had come home drunk again. Nico wasn't going to kick Will out. He should know this by now. Will doesn't care. Nico should have that tattooed next to the sun on his back.