- twenty two -

san went back to school the next day and like they had been doing before, wooyoung rode to campus with him in the morning so they could eat lunch together. they didn't go home during lunch break though, san felt like he had fallen way too far behind and it was stressing him out. to say wooyoung was proud of san would've been an understatement, the boy was doing really well with catching up from the days he had missed and was still making time to eat and get rest despite his stress.

it was now the weekend, and the two had been planning to go to some of wooyoung's happy places to try and put a smile on san's face. san was hard at work on his homework when wooyoung woke up, causing a slight frown on the younger's face when he noticed how stressed the older looked.

"have you eaten, sannie?" wooyoung asked softly, getting up and going over to the boy.

san simply shook his head and continued to work, to which wooyoung responded by wrapping his arms around the older's neck lightly.

"can you please let go?" san snapped slightly.

"i will if you take a break and come have breakfast with me..."

"i don't have the time, woo..." san muttered, shaking his head again.

"fine..." wooyoung sighed, walking out of the room and down to the kitchen.

the boy quickly got something small together for san and made a bowl of cereal for himself, then went back up and placed the plate on an empty spot of the desk. he went under his bed and grabbed a bottled water for san as well, putting that down too before he went and sat across the room to eat his cereal.

san looked at the food and felt hungrier than before, but tried to convince himself it wasn't time for him to eat yet and it was time for him to study. it wasn't long before he gave in though, eating the pastries slowly as he read the next page of his textbook. wooyoung began to smile seeing san eating, and finished his cereal shortly after.

"thank you, woo..." san whispered.

"no need to thank me, sannie... just making sure you're taking care of yourself.."

wooyoung got up shortly after and put his empty bowl away, then came back and stood behind san, resting his hands on his shoulders. san sighed slightly, causing wooyoung to start rubbing the boy's shoulders. san moaned at the feeling, closing his eyes a bit and leaning back.

"you like that?" wooyoung giggled.

"i do..." san muttered softly.

san stopped working and stood up, turning around and wrapping his arms around wooyoung's waist. he placed a soft kiss on the boy's lips, pulling him in closer. wooyoung instinctively wrapped his arms around san's neck, keeping his body pressed against san's. as the two pulled away, out of breath, they rested their foreheads together.

"woo? do you think it's possible for me to love someone even if i don't know what happy feels like?" san whispered.

"well... what do you feel? what makes you think you may be in love?"

"every time we kiss, my heart skips a beat... just being near you my heart races and i feel this overwhelming urge to protect you from all the bad in the world. the thought of you being sad or getting hurt upsets me, i only ever want to see you happy... i can't picture my life without you, i don't know what i'd do if you left me... when i'm not near you i can't stop thinking about you and can't help but worry about how you're doing, you just mean the entire world to me and more."

"i can't tell you that you love me, but yes... i think it might just be possible based on how you're describing it," wooyoung said with a smile.

san nodded, then pecked wooyoung's lips gently.