39- Arctic Monkeys

When I woke I saw brown strands of hair blocking my vision.

"Remus?"

"Who's Remus?"

The sound of the foreign voice made me quickly open my eyes, sitting up straight, wincing slightly from the pang of pain that ran down my back. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand and blinked a few times.

You're not Remus.
This isn't Hogwarts.

"Sorry, sorry just kinda forgot where I was for a second." I said quickly and he gave a sort of amused face in return.

"Just wanted to see if you were awake. Me, Charlie and Riles are goin' into town, if you wanna come with.."

I looked around the room and sighed when I remembered where I was.

"Do you mind if I stay here? I won't nick anything I promise."

He burst out laughing and shook his head.

"Nowt worth nickin' anyway."

I gave him a smile and he gave me one back, before standing back up straight. I sat up about to ask him if I could use their bathroom.
He answered for me.

"You can use mine, it's the first room, through the hall, first one on your right."

"Thanks."

He left and I got up, my back hurting from the uncomfortable position I had been laying in and I wandered over to where he directed.

I walked in and Kieran had just come out of the shower, he was shirtless with a towel hanging around his waist, so I quickly apologised and closed my eyes about to turn around.

"S'alright, you're in the right room, s'just that my shower hasn't been workin' so I used Call's."

I nodded, looking only at his eyes as he rubbed at his hair with another towel.

"You can go in."

So I did and I came out changed with my uniform in my hand, going over to where I left my bag to put it in.

He was dressed then, sat on the sofa, legs spread, white socks propped up against the table in front of him, lighting a cigarette.

"How come you didn't go with them?" I asked and he snorted.

"Fuck all to do, they just get pissed, wind up in a tunnel somewhere and end up shagging someone."

Well that's pleasant.

"Right."

I didn't know what to do, so I just sat down on the sofa next to him.

"Are you always this stiff?" He said turning to face me, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What?"

"Loosen up a bit."

"How am I stiff?" I asked offended and he smirked.

"I know it's not a five star hotel, but Christ, you're actin' like it's the worst place you've ever been."

Well that's because it is.

"Well I'm sorry if you think that, but it's just not what I'm used to."

"Can tell."