67- Wedding Bells

I liked him more than I let on. Theo Nott.
More than I had ever expected. I couldn't help but stare at him as he laid stretched out on the sofa. His shirt rose up slightly to reveal the small tufts of hair that trailed down his lower stomach. He watched me with tired eyes from across the room.

"Favourite ice cream?"

"Raspberry ripple."

"Never heard of it."

"Muggles have an intensive variety of ice cream flavours did you know?"

He shook his head and I smiled.

"You?"

"Mint."

"Disgusting."

"What's wrong with mint? Everybody likes mint?"

"It's supposed to be sweet, not supposed to taste like toothpaste."

"You just like to be annoying." He teased and I grinned.

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully.

"What's that?"

"What?"

"There on the side of your cheek."

Immediately my hand flew to my cheek, wiping to see if there was anything on there. But my hand was clean.

"What?"

"Mutation." He said chuckling under his breath

"What!" I half shouted.

"Mutation." He repeated, clear and slow as if he was talking to a small child.

"What on Earth are y.."

"You have only one dimple."

"So?"

"It's a mutation." He said laughing.

"Fucking hell Nott, really know how to make a girl feel good about herself." I mumbled, holding my cheek, now self conscious.

"I like picking on you. It's rather satisfying."

I ignored him and he laughed which turned into a yawn.

I spent a lot of time in his house over the past few weeks but nothing had happened, romantically. We hadn't kissed, we hadn't even hugged. It was going at a very slow pace and I was happy with it.

"Can you speak Arabic? I've never asked, I just sort of assumed.. Nadir used to.. but come to think of it I've never heard you."

"No. I was never taught it. It's much harder to learn when you're older."

"Why weren't you taught it? Wasn't your mo.."

"I think we've clarified I didn't have the best parents Theo." I joked and he chuckled.

"If you're tired, don't let me keep you up." I whispered, looking at the clock on the wall to see that it was unreasonably late.