Chapter 6

"Who do you think will get chosen?" Dean asked as we (me, Dean, and Seamus) headed to the great hall to see who was going to be the champions.

"I'm not sure." I said.

"Probably your brother." Seamus said.

"That would be awesome." I said.

We finally reached the great hall to see the goblet sitting in the middle of the floor.

"These will be our champions." Dumbledore said, walking up to the goblet.

The goblet turned red and spit out a paper.

"The champion from Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" He exclaimed, reading the paper.

We clapped as Fleur gracefully walked up, shaking hands with Dumbledore, before going into a room behind the staff table. Many of the girls from Beauxbatons who hadn't't been chosen started to sob.

"Drama queens." I mumbled under my breath, so that only Dean and Seamus could here, causing them to laugh.

The goblet turned red again and spit out another paper.

"The champion from Durmstrang is Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore said.

I cheered loudly as Viktor shook hands with Dumbledore and went into the same room that Fleur had gone into.

The goblet once again turned red and spit out another paper.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore said.

We clapped as Cedric did the same as the other two champions.

"Now that the champions have been-" Dumbledore started but was cut off when the goblet turned red again and spit out a final paper.

Dumbledore mumbled something.

"Harry Potter." He said.

Harry looked stunned and I knew that he didn't put his name in.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled.

Hermione shoved Harry forward, and he walked to Dumbledore, before disappearing into the room.

"Everybody, go to bed now." Dumbledore rushed, before following Harry into the room.

"I can't believe he put his name in." I heard Ron say from a few seats away.

"He didn't." I said softly.

"What was that, Van?" He asked, not understanding what I had said.

"I said, He didn't put his name in. Did you see the look on his face? He obviously didn't want to be chosen." I said loudly, glaring at the red head, causing him to shrink back in shock at my anger.

I saw most of the Durmstrang boys trying to hide their smirks, being used to my outbursts.

"Didn't you here Dumbledore? Off to bed, all of you!" I said.

The Durmstrang boys were the first to leave shocking the rest of the students. Kirstov walked up to me.

"He was terrified." He said, still laughing at my outburst.

"He should be. You know I won't stand for shit." I said.

"True." He said.

By now it was only the two of us Dean, Neville and Seamus.

Dean walked over as the other two left.

"Seamus thinks Harry did it!" He exclaimed, exasperated.

"Let him think what he wants, he'll come around eventually." I said.

"Night, Van." Kirstov said, kissing my cheek in a brotherly way and exiting the hall.

"I hope that you're right." Dean sighed.

"I haven't been wrong yet." I joked.

"We better get to bed." I said.

"I agree." Dean said.

We raced to the common room and into his dorm where Neville was asleep while Ron and Seamus were pretending to be. I went into the bathroom and changed into my PJ's. When I came Dean was in bed, waiting for me.

"How can you believe that Harry didn't do it?" Ron asked.

"The real question is, how can you not? He's your best friend. You should trust him. I hardly know him and I could tell he didn't do it just by the look in his eyes. Now you can stay up all night, fighting with yourself, but I'm going to sleep." I said frustrated.

I climbed into bed next to Dean.

"Night, Princess." He said, kissing my head.

"Night, Dean." I responded before falling asleep.