Chapter 18

"Dammit, Harry! You said you knew what you had to do!" I exclaimed.

It was February, the day before the second task, and Harry had just finished telling us the riddle from the egg, which he said he had figured out weeks ago. On the bright side me and Dean are going strong and couldn't be happier.

"I know!" He said as we walked to the library. We, as in me, Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

"What was the riddle again?" Hermione asked as she grabbed a large book off of a shelf.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past the hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back." Harry said, repeating his words from earlier.

I sat thinking as the others searched for an answer in the books, they don't understand that sometimes just thinking clearly can solve your problems. I grabbed a slip of parchment and a quill before speaking.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above ground. What can't sing above ground?" I asked the others.

"Mermaids, their voice are horrid out of water." Hermione said.

"So you will be underwater." I said writing down 'mermaids' and 'underwater'

"And while you're searching ponder this; we've taken what you'll sorely miss. Something will taken from you and you have to find it." I concluded, adding 'stolen' to the list.

"An hour long you'll have to look, and to recover what we took, but past the hour, the prospect's black, too late, it's gone, it won't come back." I said thinking for a moment.

"You'll have an hour to find what was stolen underwater. So, it must be in the black lake." I concluded as I reviewed my list.

"How is he supposed to breath underwater for an hour?" Ron asked.

I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off.

"Krum, Weasley, you are needed at Professor Dumbledore's office." Mad-eye grunted.

"But its the night before the second task!" Hermione argued.

"And I'm sure that Potter is ready." Mad-eye said.

"Longbottom! Help them put their books away." Mad-eye ordered Neville who was standing nearby.

"You two, follow me." He said.

When we reached Dumbledore's office, we found the headmasters, Mcgonagall, Snape, Cho Chang, and a young girl that I had recognized as Fleur's little sister.

"You four will be the four champion's treasures for the second task. Miss Chang will be Mr. Diggory's treasure, Miss Krum will be Mr. Krum's, Miss Delacour will be Miss Delacour's, and Mr. Weasley will be Mr. Potter's. I will be putting a spell on you so that you will be able to safely breath underwater while asleep. Are you ready?" Prof. Mcgonagall asked.

When we all nodded, she flicked her wand. I felt drowsy before I saw black.