Chapter 33

A week later, after dinner, we all met in the Room of Requirements that Neville had discovered the day before. We lined everybody up to disarm a dummy. Some complained about it being too easy, but a sharp glare from me shut them up. The only one who had much trouble was Neville, so I worked with him while Harry worked with everyone else.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this." I said, showing him the wand motions.

   He nodded before trying again, launching his own wand out of his hand. At that exact moment, Harry dismissed everyone.

"Keep working on it, Neville. You'll get it soon." I assured him before he left.

"That went fairly well." Dean said as we walked to the commonroom hand in hand.

"Yeah, it did." I said, smiling as we walked through the portrait hole.

"We're supposed to do the patronus charm in about a month, I think." I said, flopping on one of the couches.

"Do you already know how to do it?" Dean asked as he moved my head into his lap and I looked up at his face.

"Yeah, let's go up to the dorm and I can show you." I said, hopping off of the couch and we walked to the dorm.

   I shut the door behind us and took out my wand.

"Expecto Patronum." I said softly, not wanting anyone to over hear.

   I wolf bounded out of my wand, racing around the room.

"Wow." Dean said, eyes wide in amazement.

"Viktor taught me when I was very young." I said as the wolf disappeared.

   He was about to speak when Seamus barged in.

"You still believe Harry?" He asked me.

"You still don't?" I asked.

   When he stayed silent I spoke again.

"Who do you trust more: your friend or the ministry? I've never trusted the ministry, but I'm going to let you decide since I don't want to fight right now." I said before going to the bathroom and getting changed.

   I crawled into bed next to Dean, falling asleep quickly.