Chapter 72

The three of us stayed here for awhile, not having spotted any snatchers or deatheaters. About 3 weeks after Mr. Tonks joined us, we were also joined with a goblin by the name of Griphook. You see after the fall of the Ministry, goblins were put under the control of wizards, and this particular goblin wouldn't allow himself to have a master. I suspected that there was more to his story than he had told us, but knew better than to ask. Griphook was very unfriendly, and avoided us as much as possible, constantly muttering to himself.

"I don't like him." Dean said as the two of us checked out the area surrounding our campsite.

   Griphook refused to leave the tent, and we had decided that it would probably be best if Mr. Tonks stayed to keep an eye on him.

"We've all been through quite a bit, he kinda has a reason to be sour, don't you think?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah, but I still don't trust him. Goblins are known to be a bit greedy, he could be a spy and just turn us over to him for his own freedom or something." Dean said, grabbing my hand when we heard some rustling nearby.

   We were still within our protective charms, so if anyone was there they wouldn't be able to see our hear us. Several creepy looking men walked by, only about ten feet infront of us. I held my breath, even though we were somewhat safe. If they ended up trying to walk into our camp, though, a wall like force would stop them, telling them that someone was hiding there. It would take a little while, but it wouldn't be impossible to break the charms and search the area. They looked around before continuing their search. There was no denying that they were wizards, and most likely snatchers. When they were gone, I sighed in relief.

"That was-"

"-terrifying" I finished for Dean, squeezing his hand lightly.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I think so. We should move tonight. I don't think we'll get that lucky next time.