Chapter 8

"Dragons! The first task is dragons!" Harry whispered to me.

It has been two weeks and Harry has still been getting many glares, even though my frequent outburst have scared some and amused many of my fellow Durmstrangs. As I had expected, Victor wouldn't allow me to help him, so Harry has my full attention. Ron and Seamus still don't believe Harry.

"Dragons? Are you kidding me?" I asked as me, Hermione, and Harry were walking to the court yard.

"No, Hagrid showed me and the headmistress of Beauxbatons. She didn't know I was there, though." He said.

"Kharkov probably knows, too, then." I said.

"So, Cedric will be the only champion that won't know. You should tell him." Hermione said.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Because everyone else will be prepared, while he will have no idea what the hell he should be expecting." I explained.

"I guess you're right." He said as we spotted Cedric with his friends.

Harry walked up to Cedric and they whispered back and forth before Harry walked back to us.

"OK, he knows." Harry said.

"Potter!" Draco says, jumping down from a tree. Why the hell was he in a tree?

"I have a little bet with my father. He says you won't last 10 minutes in the tournament. I think you won't last 5." He says.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks." Harry spat and turned away to walk back into the castle.

Draco angrily pulls out his wand and I pull mine out in defense.

"Stupefy!" He yells as a purple light shoots from his wand.

I instinctively jump in front of Harry, blocking the curse at the same time that Mad-eye sent a curse at the blond boy, turning him into a ferret. Mad-eye made the ferret bounce up and down, and sent it down one of the goon's pants.

"What are you doing, Professor Moody?" Prof. Mcgonagall asked, arriving at the scene.

"Teaching." Mad-eye replies simply.

"Is-is that a student?" She questions.

"Yes." Mad-eye answered.

"Certainly Dumbledore has informed you that using transfiguration as punishment is against the rules." She said.

"He may have." Mad-eye mumbled, turning the ferret back into Draco

"My father shall hear about this!" Draco exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah? I could tell you stories of your father that would make that greasy hair of yours curl." Mad-eye said, chasing Draco around the tree.

"Professor Moody!" Mcgonagall scolded.

After the Professors had left the crowd scattered.

"I'm gonna go find Dean." I said, walking towards the castle.

It didn't take long for me to find him, painting in the dorm.

"Wow." I said staring at the beautiful painting.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"It's amazing." I said, smiling at the piece of art in front of me.

"So, how's your day going?" He asked, adding some finishing touches.

"We found out that the first task is dragons and Malfoy got turned into a ferret, so I'd say pretty good.

"Malfoy got turned into a ferret?" Dean asked, laughing,

"Yeah. He shot a spell at Harry. I blocked it and Mad-eye turned him into a ferret." I said.

"So, dragons?" He asked.

I sighed. "Apparently, Harry has to fight a dragon and I have a month to help him figure out how to do that." I said, flopping onto Dean's bed.

"Yikes." He said.

I glanced over at the clock.

"We better get ready for dinner. You better get cleaned up." I said, chuckling.

I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and helped Dean get some of the paint off of his face as he sat on his bed.

"How the hell did you get paint everywhere?" I asked.

"You have to be messy to be creative." He said, shrugging.

I rolled my eyes and rubbed off the last bit.

"Ta-da!" I said, throwing the towel in the laundry. Dean laughed.

"We better get going." I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the great hall.

We held hands all the way to the great hall, neither of us making a move to let go until we had started to eat. Viktor raised his eyebrows at me from the Slytherin table.

"I have to go talk to Viktor." I said, getting up and walking to the Slytherin table, taking my plate with me.

"Tell him that if he hurts you I'll hurt him." Viktor said vaguely.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"That Dean kid. He likes you. Alot." Viktor said. I rolled my eyes at the older boy.

"Sure he does, I'm awesome!" I joked.

"I'm not kidding, sis. And I know you like him too." He said.

"I'm gonna go back to the Gryffindor table." I said, done with this conversation.

I stood up and walked back to Dean.

"What did he want?" Dean asked.

"He's just being over protective." I said, rolling my eyes as we finished dinner.