Chapter 31

The next day classes went pretty much the same as usual, until we got to D.A.D.A, that is.

"Put your wands away, you won't be needing them." Umbitch said.

   Oh, yeah. For Cedric's safety, with all of this Voldemort crap, Dumbledore used a memory bending charm on everyone who was present during the third task besides me, Harry, and the Professors. The charm makes it so everybody thinks Cedric died. I still don't understand why Dumbledore did it, but I have to trust him.

"How are we supposed to learn to protect ourselves without our wands?" Someone asked.

"Who would want to hurt you?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe Voldemort?" Harry sassed.

Oh no.

"Voldemort in not back." Umbitch said.

"He killed Cedric!" Harry yelled, standing up.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a terrible accident." Umbitch said, not so calmly.

"Sounds like your birth." I mumbled under my breath, but of course Umbitch heard me.

"What was that, Miss Krum?" She asked.

"I said it sounds like your birth." I said, loudly, grabbing my bag and heading to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Umbitch asked.

"Anywhere where I will actually learn something." I said, storming out of the room and to Dumbledore's office.

"Sherbet lemon." I growled at the gargoyle.

"What is the matter?" Dumbledore asked as I entered, without knocking.

"I want to unenroll from the D.A.D.A. course." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm not going to sit there and play along with the Ministry's plans. I won't be a pawn on the gameboard." I said.

"Okay, if you are sure." He said.

"Thank you, sir." I said before walking out of the room and to the commonroom.

   I groaned as I plopped down onto the couch, throwing my bag on the floor. I just laid there, too lazy to get up and go up to the dorm. After a while, the rest of the Gryffindors started to come in. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Dean sat around me on the other couches and chairs.

"We need to do something." Hermione said, deep in thought.

"I know, but the question is what." I said.

This is going to be a long year, I can feel it.