Chapter 79

Voldemort's voice had sounded through the whole castle, telling us to hand over Harry. Only a few actually thought about doing it.

"What are you waiting for! Get him!" Pansy exclaimed, pointing at Harry. I rolled my eyes, stepping infront of Harry with my wand drawn.

"Go ahead, I dare you." I seethed, glaring harshly as I felt Ginny join my side.

"Children out of bed! Children out of bed!" 

"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" Mcgonagall exclaimed. 

"Any students who are not of age are to evacuate to Hogsmeade. Any of those who are of age are aloud to stay and fight." She continued, turning to the students. 

   The younger students were lead to the R.o.R., where the tunnel would be used to get them to Hogsmeade. Most of the older students, who had decided to stay, gathered around Mcgonagall. 

"What do you need, Potter?" The professor asked.

"Time." He said, looking around at us.

"I think we can do that." I said with the best smile I could muster.

   After the trio left, Mcgonagall turned to me.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" She asked. 

"We need to put up the strongest protection spells we can, first." I said, before turning to look at Seamus, Neville, and Dean.

"Oh no." Dean groaned.

"Oh yes. Seamus, go get the explosives." I said.

   Seamus smiled before sprinting off.

"Explosives?" Mcgonagall asked, eyeing me wearily.

"We have to blow up the bridge. It'll buy us some more time by keeping them off longer." I explained the professor.

"Blow it up? Like, boom?" Neville asked, looking at me as if I was crazy.

"Boom." I nodded as we set off to meet Seamus. 

   When we got to the bridge, Seamus was already waiting for us. 

"Get to work, Mr. Leprechaun." I teased.

   Seamus rolled his eyes before setting up all sorts of deadly looking explosives, some looked like he had made them himself. Neville walked across the bridge, taunting the deatheaters who were trying to tear down the protective shield. We were doing well until the shield broke and they started chasing Neville. And then the explosives set off a few seconds early, almost getting two of my bestfriends blown up. Thank Merlin they both got across in time. Dean and I had to pull them up, though. 

   The battle was starting.

"We have to get back to the castle." Neville said. He and Seamus started racing back but Dean and I waited just a moment.

"Promise me you'll be safe." Dean said, kissing me softly.

"I can't-"

"Promise me." He begged.

"You know I can't. I'll try my best, though. I love you." I said. I couldn't lie to him. I couldn't promise him something that may not be true. I kissed him one last time before we both sprinted back to the castle, not knowing whether or not we would make it out alive.