Chapter 15

I stepped onto the first step and heard a collective gasp. I saw that Dean was talking to Seamus, who had Lavender on his arm. Seamus smiled when he saw me, and nudged Dean. When Dean looked up he smiled, causing me to blush.

"You look amazing." He breathed.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I said, taking his arm.

   We finally walked into the ball room and gasped at the beauty. There was snow falling from the ceiling that melted before it touched the ground and many tall Christmas trees.

   The four champions started dancing with their partners and eventually Dumbledore and Prof. Mcgonagall joined them.

"May I have this dance?" Dean asked.

"Of course." I said, grabbing his hand and leading him to the floor.

After a while Dean decided to go get us drinks and I went to sit with Harry and Ron. Right after I sat down, Hermione joined us.

"Viktor went to get some drinks, would you like to join us?" She asked happily.

"No, we would not like to join you and Viktor. You're fraternizing with the enemy!" Ron spat.

"The enemy? The whole point of the tournament is to make friends. I wasn't the one who wanted his autograph." Hermione said angrily.

"That's-that's not the point." Ron said.

"You know the solution? Next time there's a ball pluck up the courage to ask me before someone else does." Hermione said before rushing away with tears trailing down her face.

I glared at the red-head.

"You do know that makes me the enemy too, right?" I asked in a thick accent before storming off to find Dean who was talking to Viktor by the punch bowl.

"What happened?" Viktor asked raising an eyebrow.

"Ronald got jealous, called us the enemy, and made Hermione cry. And now I have no idea where she's at." I said all in one breath.

"You can go look for her. I need to talk to Viktor about something, anyways." Dean said.

"Thank you." I said, kissing his cheek before racing off.

After about twenty minutes I found Hermione in the common room, sitting on the stairs to go up to her dorm.

"He's just being a jealous dick." I said, causing Hermione to chuckle slightly.

"What are you doing here? Don't you want to be with Dean?" She asked, looking up at me.

"He was talking to Viktor about something, and said I could try to find you. So here I am." I said.

"Thank you, but you should get back to him. I'll be fine." She said, wiping away her tears.

Just then Ron and Harry decided to come.

"To bed, both of you." I growled, glaring at Ronald.

After the boys had left Hermione turned to me again.

"Go." She said,hugging me before rushing up the stairs.

I walked back to the ball where I found my brother and Dean right where I had left them. They turned to me expectantly.

"She's fine, but she went to bed. And the boys are in our dorm. Hopefully they'll be asleep when we get back so I won't kill anyone." I said, answering their unasked questions.

Viktor nudged Dean before speaking.

"I'm gonna go back to the boat, I'll see you later." He said, hugging me and walking away.

"Let's go outside." Dean said, grabbing my hand and leading me into the courtyard.