Chapter 80

Dean and I got seperated when when we got back to the castle. It had happened before I could do anything. The next couple of hours were terrifying. The bodies of friends and fellow students were sprawled out on the ground around me. It was all I could do to keep from breaking down and keep going. We couldn't let the deatheaters into the castle. And then, just like that, they retreated. I stumbled into the great hall and gasped in shock at the sight before me. 

   Madam Pomfrey and some of the students had set up the hall as an infirmary for the dead and wounded. I broke into a full sprint as soon as I caught sight of Dean, throwing myself at him and gripping onto him tightly. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head.  

"I love you so freaking much." Dean mumbled.

"I love you too." I whispered back, moving my head to look up at him. 

   We had only been given an hour. Everyone filed outside when the time was up. Voldemort said something about how Harry was dead and he was inviting us to join him, when Neville stepped foreword.

"Ah, Longbottom is it? I'm sure we can find a place for you." Voldemort said as Bellatrix grinned wickedly beside him.

"I'll join you when hell freezes over." Neville scoffed, pulling the sword of Gryffindor out of the sorting hat, which seemed to have magically appeared. 

   I cheered loudly, despite the situation, drawing my wand. I soon found myself inside fighting against Greyback. 

"Stupid girl." He sat, firing a 'crucio' at me.

   I fearlessly dodged it, sending a well aimed 'petrificus totalus' his way. The spell hit its mark, freezing him in his spot. I didn't give myself time to process my accomplishment before turning to help Seamus as he dueled another deatheater. 

"Thanks." Seamus said, gasping for breath when the witch fell to the ground dead.

"No problem." I replied with a forced smile before rushing off again.