Chapter 62

The funeral had just ended. I had gripped Dean's hand tightly the whole time. I feared what the future would hold. Since I am a "bloodtraitor" I wouldn't be safe, but I wouldn't be the first target either. But Dean is a muggleborn. They'll kill him if they are given the chance. As we walked back to the castle, Dean spoke.

"We're going home tomorrow." He sighed softly, rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand.

"Mhm." I hummed.

"You know, I can't come back for next year." He continued.

   I knew what he was thinking.

"You're an idiot if you think that I'm not going with you." I said.

"I knew you were going to say that, but you can't. It's not safe." Dean sighed.

"With Dumbledore gone, I won't be safe here, either." I pointed out.

"But-"

"No buts. You know that I'm going to win anyways." I interrupted, making him sigh.

   The rest of the walk was silent, until we got to the dorm.

"What's wrong?" Seamus asked, noticing right away that something wasn't right.

"Nothing." Dean sighed, flopping down on his bed.

"We should pack." I said, changing the subject. 

   Both boys groaned, but did as told.

   The next morning, as it always is on the day we leave, al five boys were rushing around trying to find everything that had been forgotten the night before. By the time we finally got to the train, it was almost time to leave. Harry and Ron went off to find Hermione, while the rest of us found an empty compartment.

"So, what is everyone's plan for the summer?" Seamus said, breaking the awkward silence. 

"Probably just helping Gran around the house." Neville said.

"Dean, Nessa?" Seamus asked.

"We're going to go to Bill and Fleur's wedding and then...well...." Dean trailed off.

"We're going on the run." I finished.

"What?!" Seamus and Neville exclaimed.

   I stood to lock the door before sitting back down.

"Why would you do that?" Seamus asked.

"With Dumbledore gone and you-know-who back, it's not safe for Dean at Hogwarts. And I'm going with him." I explained.

   Both boys still seemed surprised.

"Just, stay safe." Neville said.

"Of course." Dean replied with a grim smile.